Trance 3 vs Stance 1

PB Forum :: Giant
Trance 3 vs Stance 1
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 21, 2017 at 13:06 Quote
I am looking to buy my first full suspension bike and need advice. I currently ride a Kona Big Honzo and it kicks butt. I don't want to be held back by the bike i choose so i would like a jack of all trades. The Stance seems good but it does not have the maestro suspension. How big of a deal breaker is this for most of you? I ride single track, bomb some hills here and there, just a few jumps etc. Really my budget is more around Stance 1 vs Trance 3. I have been reading on it but i need more input please.

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 at 3:40 Quote
Vadafallon wrote:
I am looking to buy my first full suspension bike and need advice. I currently ride a Kona Big Honzo and it kicks butt. I don't want to be held back by the bike i choose so i would like a jack of all trades. The Stance seems good but it does not have the maestro suspension. How big of a deal breaker is this for most of you? I ride single track, bomb some hills here and there, just a few jumps etc. Really my budget is more around Stance 1 vs Trance 3. I have been reading on it but i need more input please.

Trance is better choice for all around stuff, Maestro is much better than single pivot system of Stance. Buy Trance 3 or Trance 2 if you can afford it or maybe upgrade trance 3 later if budget allows. You will have good base for upgrading. Stance was made to sell bike to people who are just below entry level of Trance models, just stay away from it :-)

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 at 16:47 Quote
Trance 3 will be more upgradeable

Posted: Oct 18, 2017 at 7:35 Quote
Always get the next step up if u are a serious mtb'r. What will happen if u get the latter is u will ride more and more then your skills and confidence all build then 6 mos later you will be wishing u bought the higher performance bike.

This is why guys replace their bikes so soon.

I've had mine less than a yr and now wanting a carbon frame! Boohoo!

Posted: Oct 20, 2017 at 7:07 Quote
I was in the same boat. Started looking at the Stance 1 but for just a little bit more I could get the Trance 3, and allot more bike. And just a little bit more I could get the Trance 2 with 1x, dropper, and tubless ready. So that's what I went with. It's been less than a year and about the only thing left stock is the rear shock, which I just ordered a Fox DPX2. So obviously I would suggest the Trance. And in stock form you will be 100% happy. I was blown away at how well it climbs and descends. But I'm willing to sacrifice climbing efficiency for descending grinning and my build shows it.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.123714
Mobile Version of Website