Suggestions on bike for 60 year old.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Suggestions on bike for 60 year old.
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 12:19 Quote
Beecee336 wrote:
DKIDD thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. I want him to "want" to go riding like i do and still feel the same way after were done riding and not be beat to hell.

Get him a full on Bling'd-out Santa Cruz Nomad 2018. Or an E-bike. Even if he's beat and doesn't like riding, he'll like the attention Pimp

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 17:53 Quote
dkidd wrote:
Beecee336 wrote:
DKIDD thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. I want him to "want" to go riding like i do and still feel the same way after were done riding and not be beat to hell.
No worries man. If you're not totally sure he's gonna want to commit, you could find a spot that rents high end MTB's and set it up like that for him. Might be even better to try him out on an e-bike, if you don't think he'd take that the wrong way. (A Levo would be set up pretty perfectly).
I 100% agree on the ebike. The guy we bought my wifes Reign from is in his early 70s and bought the 160mm hai bike.... it keeps him shredding

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 19:58 Quote
You're all talking about this guy like he's special needs or something.

Yeah, at our age some stuff starts breaking down and not some not working like it used to - and - big AND we're all different by this age. I'm 62, some guys our age are completely broken down others are doing great. Almost all of us have some issue or other. I can't really run anymore but still ride aggressively. So this all depends on how he feels about riding and what kind of shape he's in. If he's otherwise athletic, especially if he rides at all, this would be great for him.

Actually, the suggestion of a shortish travel 27.5 FS isn't a bad one at all. Kinda exactly what I'm riding. It can let him go fast or go slow with comfort.

Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 0:39 Quote
theblaze wrote:
Beecee336 wrote:
Looking for some suggestions for my father in law who wants to go riding with me. He just turned 60 and he is very active. I ride a transition covert. We will mostly ride mild trails and mild climbs. Trestle a couple times a year. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I would probably consider a full sus with 27.5+ tires. It will probably be much more comfortable.

I gotta admit that I would tend to agree with that. I’ve had a go on Ibis’ offering and blown away how fun it literally was and is Wink
Unreal but a slog tad on the climbs even though extra traction is deffo a +.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014006
Mobile Version of Website