Orbea Rallon owners

Posted: May 5, 2022 at 7:39 Quote
Follow up on vertical play/rattle in orbea OC2 dropper.

Finally got around to tearing apart my OC2 dropper post to diagnose the vertical play that had developed when the post was not fully extended.
The locknut inside the actuator had mostly unthreaded, resulting in vertical play between the cartridge shaft and the actuator. Thankfully it was as simple as tightening the locknut in this case.

Also, for those that have not tried, the standard service for the OC2 dropper is very simple. Definitely worth knocking out once a season.

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 6:22 Quote
Anyone running an Ohlins TTx22m coil shock?

Trying to figure out which mounting hardware I need and if I should use the spherical bearing for the front mount.

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 21:11 Quote
photo
I have an 2014 Orbea Rallon X Team, I was cleaning it up and noticed a dimple on the right chain stay weld. Just trying to see if this is normal or a chip.

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 6:04 Quote
jck77 wrote:
photo
I have an 2014 Orbea Rallon X Team, I was cleaning it up and noticed a dimple on the right chain stay weld. Just trying to see if this is normal or a chip.

That looks like it's been there since new. Appears something settled onto the weld bead (maybe slag or some other debris) and was then removed or brushed away before paint was applied. I wouldn't worry about it personally.

BTW you may consider some frame protection in that area as it appears the paint is being abraded from the metal during use.

Good luck.

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 6:44 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
jck77 wrote:
photo

That looks like it's been there since new. Appears something settled onto the weld bead (maybe slag or some other debris) and was then removed or brushed away before paint was applied. I wouldn't worry about it personally.

BTW you may consider some frame protection in that area as it appears the paint is being abraded from the metal during use.

Good luck.

Appreciate the response. I didn't think it looked like a chip, but wanted another opinion.
Any recommendations for frame protection there?

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 9:47 Quote
jck77 wrote:

Appreciate the response. I didn't think it looked like a chip, but wanted another opinion.
Any recommendations for frame protection there?

There’s lots of DIY or store bought options. DIY: gorilla tape, old bike tube, etc. Store bought: AMS frame protection, Dyedbro frame protection, etc.

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 0:32 Quote
Hi this might be a bit of a stupid message, but would a 200mm dropper post fit in a s/m rallon?

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 11:12 Quote
Frankiebikemaster wrote:
Hi this might be a bit of a stupid message, but would a 200mm dropper post fit in a s/m rallon?
The OneUp 210 might, they have a fairly short overall length for the amount of drop, worth checking their measurements online… they have fairly in depth drawings.

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 0:12 Quote
kev-jones wrote:
Frankiebikemaster wrote:
The OneUp 210 might, they have a fairly short overall length for the amount of drop, worth checking their measurements online… they have fairly in depth drawings.
thank you!

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 5:01 Quote
jzdyrko wrote:
Hbrito133 wrote:
Hello, how rallon r5 works with coil? dhx2 or ext, please.
I run a DHX2 long stroked for ~170mm Rear travel..the bike performs absolutely amazing.

photo

Hello, I have the Rallon with 2020 linkage and Dhx2 230x65.
I have a 425 spring but I can't go well at all, I weigh 61kgs naked.

What spring do you have mounted and for what weight?

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 5:34 Quote
Bartmikel wrote:
jzdyrko wrote:
Hbrito133 wrote:
I run a DHX2 long stroked for ~170mm Rear travel..the bike performs absolutely amazing.

photo

What kind of sag do you get with a 425lb spring?

For reference I’m 75kg and I use a 457lb spring.

My guess is that you need a much lighter spring, I’d probably start with a 375lb or 350lb.

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 7:47 Quote
gregs22 wrote:
Bartmikel wrote:
jzdyrko wrote:

photo

What kind of sag do you get with a 425lb spring?

For reference I’m 75kg and I use a 457lb spring.

My guess is that you need a much lighter spring, I’d probably start with a 375lb or 350lb.

Thanks!
Do you do jumps, drops...etc?

How about the bumps?

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 11:10 Quote
Yea, lots of drops, jumps and general rock smashing. No bottom out issues with the 457lb spring. If I were to change springs I’d go up to the 475lb spring but that would be pretty stiff for me for general riding around.

The coil is definitely a little more sensitive and eats up the small trail chatter pretty good. I used to have an X2 and if I’m being honest the coil is only like 10% better.

I used this to figure out my spring rate and found the 457lb recommended for my inputs to be bang on.
https://www.ohlins.com/performance-suspension-guide/

O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 0:59 Quote
Bartmikel wrote:
jzdyrko wrote:
Hbrito133 wrote:

photo

I'd be no help to ya as i'm more than twice your size running a 700lb spring.

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 8:50 Quote
2022 Rallon Size L
First ride in the books, thing climbs great. made a couple of tech climbing sections I normally don't get and one I have never managed in the past.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018886
Mobile Version of Website