Orbea Rallon owners

Posted: Aug 21, 2023 at 12:30 Quote
No problem at all. Multiple plastic underbashs destroyed, but metal base and ISCG mount untouched.

Posted: Aug 25, 2023 at 1:31 Quote
hi

do you know any good chainstay protector (the one under the chainring) apart the original one !
my chainring even with the correct spacers tend to rip of the tape one

Posted: Nov 18, 2023 at 5:35 Quote
Hi all, how is so far everyones experience with Orbea service? I have a brand new Rallon for a few months. Noticed in my second month of owning the bike my wheel is uneven in the rear triangle (towards the drive side). Was not the wheel dish but the alignment of the frame. So much I cannot run a 2.5 inch tire which sucks. Lot of back and forth, first Orbea claiming its not so bad and I just adjust the dropouts on a carbon frame (??). Now they agreed sending me a new frame. But guess what: I need to pay 50 bucks shipping costs and around 300 bucks rebuilding costs (I do not have all the tools). Also loose my invisiframe but that's on me I guess. What's up with that? They send out a sloppy frame and now I pay +/- 500 bucks to get it fixed? Not happy....

Posted: Dec 5, 2023 at 21:02 Quote
WINGS043 wrote:
Hi all, how is so far everyones experience with Orbea service? I have a brand new Rallon for a few months. Noticed in my second month of owning the bike my wheel is uneven in the rear triangle (towards the drive side). Was not the wheel dish but the alignment of the frame. So much I cannot run a 2.5 inch tire which sucks. Lot of back and forth, first Orbea claiming its not so bad and I just adjust the dropouts on a carbon frame (??). Now they agreed sending me a new frame. But guess what: I need to pay 50 bucks shipping costs and around 300 bucks rebuilding costs (I do not have all the tools). Also loose my invisiframe but that's on me I guess. What's up with that? They send out a sloppy frame and now I pay +/- 500 bucks to get it fixed? Not happy....

No experience with Orbea service, but can share my expectations. First, glad to hear they're providing a warranty rear triangle. They absolutely should, and it shouldn't have been a chore.

As for the costs, I would expect Orbea to cover shipping, but unless you bought it from an LBS and official Orbea dealer, I would not expect them to cover shop fees. I don't think any brand would cover that, outside of their dealer network. If you DID buy from an Orbea dealer, then yes, the shop and Orbea should be able to work it out between them, and not pass the charges on to you. Unfortunately in an era of internal routing, replacing a rear triangle IS a few hours of work once you add in running hoses/cables, adjusting the rear der/shifting, and bleeding the rear brake.

Posted: Dec 18, 2023 at 12:31 Quote
I am looking for a new enduro bike and the Rallon is high on my list. I am 6'5 220lbs and feel the XL ripmo is too small/not stable enough for the type of riding i like to do. I have not seen any post about riders over 6'3 being on the XL Rallon and just wondering if it will be a big enough size change.

Posted: Jan 13, 2024 at 8:49 Quote
Good afternoon. I am in the process of buying a 2022 Rallon Large. I have a rock shox deluxe coil 230x60 that I use on a 2019 Trek Slash. Will this shock work on the Rallon? I saw the new rallon has a 230X62.5 shock. Will the 2022 Model work with the 167mm shock?

Posted: Jan 14, 2024 at 9:47 Quote
Any advice really appreciated:
I've mullet'd my 2020 rOrbea Rallon and it's working a treat - particularly for Wharncliffe where I ride mostly. However I need to change my rear shock and was wondering if I could move from a 230x60 to a 230x65 without any issues?
Thinking it'd give me more clearance (pedal strikes are an issue).
Thanks in advance
Johnny

Posted: Jan 14, 2024 at 12:31 Quote
I rode 230x65 on R5 size L and XL without any problem.

Posted: Jan 20, 2024 at 3:33 Quote
Hello.

Has anyone tried to fit a 160 mm fork onto their Orbea Rallon 2022? Does it work fine instead of a 170 mm fork?

Posted: Feb 20, 2024 at 22:15 Quote
rickyvic wrote:
I struggled to take off the non drive side, it seems that it was the screw that overtightened the axle.
We used a vice and a screwdriver to widen that bit and it came out without too much damage.

I need try this.

The top pivot axle is stuck. I even tried to use the bearing press to widen axle to open it but gave up as I didnt want to over tighten it and break anything.

I'll try to untighten it with a plastic headed screw driver first.

Posted: Feb 20, 2024 at 22:22 Quote
I don't have the preload tool. Can I still get the linkage working properly? Is there another way to preload it without the tool?

Posted: Feb 22, 2024 at 4:59 Quote
Looking to get a new bike. Currently riding a Ripmo V2 but would like some more travel. I am satisfied with the geometry but would like some extra plushness. Not a bike for plowing, I still want a playful poppy bike.

Since it is possible to get a Rallon 2023 on discount now it is an alternative. Geometry is ok, no big difference compared to the Ripmo. Slightly longer chainstays and I dont mind testing a tad shorter reach.

So what I want to understand is firt offcourse if anyone has tried them both? Should be Ripmo V2 and Rallon 2022-2023. If so, how did you feel they compared?

Next thing is if there really is any difference to the 2024 except the change in travel and 0,5degrees HA? Found lots of diagrams of the kinematics but they look the same and has the same numbers. It is stated that they moved the main pivot slightly forward for a more rearwards axle path but no actual numbers.

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 14:17 Quote
Hey—apologies in advance if I’m rehashing here, but does anyone know the maximum stroke length on the float x2 on a 2022 rallon? I sent my shock into Fox as a 230x60 and got a 230x62.5 in return. Can the frame take the bump up in travel? Will it violate the warranty if I don’t add a spacer? Thanks!

Posted: Mar 5, 2024 at 21:45 Quote
Frogballs1 wrote:
Hey—apologies in advance if I’m rehashing here, but does anyone know the maximum stroke length on the float x2 on a 2022 rallon? I sent my shock into Fox as a 230x60 and got a 230x62.5 in return. Can the frame take the bump up in travel? Will it violate the warranty if I don’t add a spacer? Thanks!

62.5mm is the stock shock length for a Rallon. :-)
Adding a volume spacer won't affect the warranty.

Though I will say that swapping to a coil has a magical effect! (I went with a DVO JadeX and Zeb Ultimate's up front).

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010895
Mobile Version of Website