Narrow laneway jump/pump track

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Narrow laneway jump/pump track
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 15:00 Quote
Hello, I have a disused lane way at the back of my house. About 3 meters wide and 300 meters long. There's another 80 meters or so I can't touch as it's in use which will make a good run up. As I own the house I can build without having to ask permission.

The lane is completely flat and is a mixture of rough gravel and poor soil. It's also rather overgrown. As it's winter here, it's the ideal time to build as the growth has slowed and the vegetation has died back somewhat.

I need some advice on what to build though. I've never built a track before and am unsure what's possible in such a short, narrow space.

I was thinking a big jump to start with so I can build some momentum, flowing into some pumps and another jump or two with a sharp U turn at the end. Thing is I may get bored of this pretty fast. Any ideas on how i could spice this up? It's also very wet where I live so advice on what materials to use would be great.

Thanks!

Posted: Dec 2, 2017 at 14:17 Quote
hi! where are you from? if somewhere in LA area i can help to create a line

Posted: Dec 4, 2017 at 10:58 Quote
desty wrote:
hi! where are you from? if somewhere in LA area i can help to create a line
Thanks for the offer, but I'm located in Co Kerry in the South West of Ireland :-)

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008050
Mobile Version of Website