Tubeless Downhill

PB Forum :: Downhill
Tubeless Downhill
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 20, 2017 at 5:51 Quote
slope wrote:
I personally don't see the big deal with tubeless or dropper posts!

Also don't like tan walls!

Posted: Dec 20, 2017 at 10:38 Quote
toby9843 wrote:
I see loads of tyres that are labelled wire bead or DH casing and I have no idea if they will work tubelss or not. For example I have some specialized storms DH and I've just chucked one on a rim tubeless and it inflated fine but is going down slowly and getting soft, not like from a bad fit but maybe from the non tubeless sidewall etc?
So I'm after some mud tyres for next race season and I see Storms or Wet Screams or even Shortys that all say DH casing, wire bead, 2ply or something like that and I'm dubious about getting them as I don't know if they'll run tubeless. I bought a couple of pairs of the new addix magic marys last year in downhill version and had to send them back for super gravity instead. Pain in the ass.

So who runs what for racing and mud? Do you go tubeless or run some sort of procore or something?

I run schwalbe magic marry's downhill ultra soft tubeless with the cushcore inserts

Posted: Dec 21, 2017 at 0:03 Quote
Dickiescbb wrote:
toby9843 wrote:
I see loads of tyres that are labelled wire bead or DH casing and I have no idea if they will work tubelss or not. For example I have some specialized storms DH and I've just chucked one on a rim tubeless and it inflated fine but is going down slowly and getting soft, not like from a bad fit but maybe from the non tubeless sidewall etc?
So I'm after some mud tyres for next race season and I see Storms or Wet Screams or even Shortys that all say DH casing, wire bead, 2ply or something like that and I'm dubious about getting them as I don't know if they'll run tubeless. I bought a couple of pairs of the new addix magic marys last year in downhill version and had to send them back for super gravity instead. Pain in the ass.

So who runs what for racing and mud? Do you go tubeless or run some sort of procore or something?

I run schwalbe magic marry's downhill ultra soft tubeless with the cushcore inserts

And the wire beads go tubeless ok?

Posted: Dec 22, 2017 at 3:17 Quote
toby9843 wrote:

High Roller II DH casing - Tubeless OK

Posted: Dec 22, 2017 at 3:50 Quote
Discort wrote:
toby9843 wrote:

High Roller II DH casing - Tubeless OK

I'm thinking I'll give them a go. Maybe try and fit some huck norris or something as well.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024646
Mobile Version of Website