Reverb 1x remote issue

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Reverb 1x remote issue
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 11, 2017 at 13:32 Quote
I fitted a 1x remote lever to my reverb stealth post 4/5 months back. Ive had the post itself 2/3 years now and never had an issue.

Since fitting the 1x remote the post has been refusing to rise when the bikes not been used for a while. This happened a couple months back so I bled the system and checked everything and then it was fine again. Guessed maybe there had been a bubble stuck in the system that had become dislodged or something.

There were no leaks or any issues I could see with the hose and connections.
Has anyone else had this issue or anything similar?

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 11, 2017 at 16:09 Quote
Super common issue with all lever styles on Reverbs. Bleed the lever with the speed setting in the slowest position.

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 at 19:29 Quote
second lance-h on that. wind the speed adjust torx screw back out to it's stop, and do the system bleed (again...). I've got away with remote bleeds in the past, but the first bleed of the 1x remote resulted in a stuck post for me after a while. wound the speed out, did a two syringe system bleed and it's good as gold now.

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 0:53 Quote
I fully bled the system in the slow speed setting when this happened a couple months ago.

Will just have to do without it today and take it into work tomorrow and bled the system again.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 18:14 Quote
I also like pushing the lever in and out when I have a vacuum. I always seem to get more air out moving that lever.

Posted: Dec 13, 2017 at 12:40 Quote
I have come across a 1x Reverb lever that had issues internally. It would bleed fine and work for a bit but overnight it would loose some fluid,although I never bothered to find out where, and the post would stop working.

Posted: Dec 23, 2017 at 4:14 Quote
I’ve finaly got around to bleeding it.
It would work again for a couple of goes and then stop working again.
Bled it again a couple times and same issue each time.
I’ve gone back to the original lever now and it’s working fine.

Will have to send the 1x lever back to SRAM in the new year.

Posted: Jan 14, 2018 at 12:54 Quote
oh man, I've got this issue now too. I had previously added a 1x to my 3yearold reverb and it was faultless. Got a brand new B1 post with 1x remote and have bled it twice now, and again it's playing up.

seems like the system is trapping air, or somehow sucking air into the line. It's only been a few weeks since the last bleed and it's back to sluggish up/down. It seems with reverbs you either get a good one and its awesome, or you get a dud one and it's a curse!

califano wrote:
I’ve finaly got around to bleeding it.
It would work again for a couple of goes and then stop working again.
Bled it again a couple times and same issue each time.
I’ve gone back to the original lever now and it’s working fine.

Will have to send the 1x lever back to SRAM in the new year.

Posted: Jan 14, 2018 at 22:30 Quote
Best solution i have is to completely remove the unneeded hydraulic remote and install the mechanical one that should be there in the first place.

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/bikeyoke-dehy-review.html

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010880
Mobile Version of Website