Giant Stance 2, Downgrading to 1 Front Chain ring, Adding Chainguide possibly

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Stance 2, Downgrading to 1 Front Chain ring, Adding Chainguide possibly
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 13, 2017 at 8:48 Quote
Hi all

I just recently purchased a used 2015 Giant Stance 2. It has had the rear 9 speed cassette removed and upgraded to a 10 speed (Along with a SRAM X9 Derailleur for 10 speed cog). I am going to remove the front Large and Small Chain rings and would like to know if anyone knows what Chainguide(s) might fit this setup?

The stock crankset is still installed (which is currently FSA Comet 22/30/40). Specs for this bike say this is a Press fit BB setup. I'm a returnee to biking and I'm many years behind the times so if anyone could assist I would be forever grateful.

Here are the stock details for the bike: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/stance-27dot5-2-2015

Posted: Dec 13, 2017 at 12:30 Quote
Update: I ran across this device, does anyone know if this is compatible with the Stance 2

p.s. My frame is a 2017 (Warranty Replacement).

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 10:02 Quote
Akinraze wrote:
Update: I ran across this device, does anyone know if this is compatible with the Stance 2

get a narrowwide ring of your choice. and skip the chain guide. imo I have a rf 36t on my 2012 reign and I've never dropped a chain once. I left my granny ring (without front der/trigger) on as a fml this hill is steep and long as fuk help me lord baby jebus, bail out gear.

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 10:10 Quote
lifted-d wrote:
Akinraze wrote:

get a narrowwide ring of your choice. and skip the chain guide. imo I have a rf 36t on my 2012 reign and I've never dropped a chain once. I left my granny ring (without front der/trigger) on as a fml this hill is steep and long as fuk help me lord baby jebus, bail out gear.
Also works best with clutched rear derailleur, in case OP doesn't have one already.

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 11:00 Quote
I have a 2016 Stance 1 that I converted to 1x. (It is more of an upgrade than a downgrade) Super simple. Just remove swap to a narrow wide chainring of your choosing. I went with a 34t which seems to be perfect for Florida trails. After a few more rides with the SLX rear mech I swapped out to all XT.

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 18:28 Quote
Thanks guys I appreciate your advice. I'll be skipping the chain guide and yanking my largest and smallest front rings and grabbing a narrowwide.

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 18:32 Quote
By the way, this is my rear derailleur, not sure how the clutch stuff works

https://www.sram.com/sram/mountain/products/x9-rear-derailleur

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 8:30 Quote
Akinraze wrote:
Hi all

I just recently purchased a used 2015 Giant Stance 2. It has had the rear 9 speed cassette removed and upgraded to a 10 speed (Along with a SRAM X9 Derailleur for 10 speed cog). I am going to remove the front Large and Small Chain rings and would like to know if anyone knows what Chainguide(s) might fit this setup?

The stock crankset is still installed (which is currently FSA Comet 22/30/40). Specs for this bike say this is a Press fit BB setup. I'm a returnee to biking and I'm many years behind the times so if anyone could assist I would be forever grateful.

Here are the stock details for the bike: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/stance-27dot5-2-2015
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
I need a little help...

I own the same bicycle and I want to do a 1x10 convertion but I dont know what parts I need to buy...
can you send me the links for the 10x rear cassette that fit on the Giant Stance 2 and the derailleur...

Thanks

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 11:13 Quote
Just get a narrow/wide ring. Unlikely to need a chainguide imo.
aristidestrada wrote:
Akinraze wrote:
Hi all

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
I need a little help...

I own the same bicycle and I want to do a 1x10 convertion but I dont know what parts I need to buy...
can you send me the links for the 10x rear cassette that fit on the Giant Stance 2 and the derailleur...

Thanks

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010242
Mobile Version of Website