Bird Aeris owners thread

Posted: Feb 25, 2018 at 12:15 Quote
Maybe by next weekend or into the week after as already have major parts swapping from my Remedy 29er? Went raw finish as was the only colour that would go ok with my existing orange parts. Plus it looks good in the flesh. I was trying to persuade them into some anodised finishes for the frames. Might try the KS Lev and ditch my reverb as it's only a 125mm drop and have been hearing good things about them.

Posted: Mar 5, 2018 at 7:42 Quote
has anyone tried the aeris with the new linkage yet?

Interested in reviews

Posted: Mar 5, 2018 at 13:00 Quote
After a day in the Peaks last weekend and then up Rivington Pike in the snow and ice this Saturday, all I can say is I've never been happier with a bike. Climbs so well and almost manages to make me look like I know what I'm doing going downhill which is no mean feat.

I'm interested in the LT linkage too but I'm worried it would compromise it on the ups and flat too much. Also not sure what travel I'd shove on the front.

Posted: Mar 5, 2018 at 23:56 Quote
Run a 160mm fork. Would still work well with or without the linkage change.

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 4:25 Quote
Diabeast wrote:
After a day in the Peaks last weekend and then up Rivington Pike in the snow and ice this Saturday, all I can say is I've never been happier with a bike. Climbs so well and almost manages to make me look like I know what I'm doing going downhill which is no mean feat.

I'm interested in the LT linkage too but I'm worried it would compromise it on the ups and flat too much. Also not sure what travel I'd shove on the front.

I'm currently 145/150 and tempted to go 160/160 with an air shaft and linkage change. Apparently the 160 linkage is an all-round improvement, the linkage is more progressive as well as having the extra travel so will ramp up nicely. The 145 linkage sometimes 'deadens' the rear end a bit for me, which is good when you are going flat out but if the 160 linkage makes it feel a bit more sprightly sounds like it could be a good upgrade!

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 4:41 Quote
The Bird dealer near me has a 145LT with 170mm Lyrik. I've not had a chance to speak to him yet, although I'm hoping to use him for my AM9 build when the frame arrives, but I'm betting it's great for the big hills and mountains around here.

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 11:58 Quote
Pablo16v wrote:
The Bird dealer near me has a 145LT with 170mm Lyrik. I've not had a chance to speak to him yet, although I'm hoping to use him for my AM9 build when the frame arrives, but I'm betting it's great for the big hills and mountains around here.
Ben will look after you.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 13:46 Quote
Bloggingfit wrote:
Pablo16v wrote:
Ben will look after you.

Got a nice delivery from him today Smile

So just need something to hang it on now.....

CCDB Air CS for Bird Aeris AM9 Frame

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 at 0:31 Quote
Nice. Did he give you an eta on the frame?

Finalised my bits with it last week. X2 lever, Hope headset, Hope BB and Bike Yoke 185mm dropper.

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 at 6:40 Quote
There's no official date yet, unfortunately. My order still says April but when I spoke to Dan a couple of weeks ago he said there might be a chance of an end of March delivery, which would be good, so just sitting tight and keeping my fingers crossed.

Nice to hear it's all coming together. When do you think you'll have it built?

I'm picking up my 175mm KS Lev tomorrow, then I just need to sort out a new saddle and a short 35-40mm stem and that will be all the parts ready for my build.

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 at 19:16 Quote
trickydisco78 wrote:
I'm 5'9 with 32" leg. Bird recommends the m/l for my height. Tried a 50mm stem on the pitch but it's just too short so prefer 75mm

Hopefully demoing one at Cwm carn,Wales next week

Your 5'9, and a 50mm stem felt short?
I'm getting ready to order a ML Aeris 120 and selected a 35mm stem (config tool).

Can you tell the longer reach has me nervous? Razz

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 at 19:18 Quote
richulr wrote:
Wish these were available in the US. Love their 29er.

You know they ship to the US.
I'm getting ready to have them ship me one to Mexico Smile

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 at 1:17 Quote
mistermanny wrote:
trickydisco78 wrote:
I'm 5'9 with 32" leg. Bird recommends the m/l for my height. Tried a 50mm stem on the pitch but it's just too short so prefer 75mm

Hopefully demoing one at Cwm carn,Wales next week

Your 5'9, and a 50mm stem felt short?
I'm getting ready to order a ML Aeris 120 and selected a 35mm stem (config tool).

Can you tell the longer reach has me nervous? Razz
I have an M/L 120 with a 35mm stem and find the reach is fine at 5'9 so you should be ok.

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 at 1:20 Quote
Pablo16v wrote:
There's no official date yet, unfortunately. My order still says April but when I spoke to Dan a couple of weeks ago he said there might be a chance of an end of March delivery, which would be good, so just sitting tight and keeping my fingers crossed.

Nice to hear it's all coming together. When do you think you'll have it built?

I'm picking up my 175mm KS Lev tomorrow, then I just need to sort out a new saddle and a short 35-40mm stem and that will be all the parts ready for my build.
I've not chased them up yet so see if/when the parts are in. Rugby season for me ATM so not really riding or in a rush. Might pop across to HQ for a social next week and will see.

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 at 10:39 Quote
I was wondering how many (if any) spacers people are running in their rear shock (Rockshox) on 145s. I've had to use a little more pressure than I would ideally like to stop it using all its travel on fairly tame stuff so I have 3 hugely over-priced bits of red plastic ready to bung in.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.046002
Mobile Version of Website