Bird Aeris owners thread

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 at 14:05 Quote
My girlfriend rides a nice, early aeris. 140/150config. Yari up front with luftkappe.
Saint crank
Xt gears
Xt brake handles with xt caliper rear and zee up front.
Brand-X dropper with wolftooth remote.
Thomson bar and stem.
Really nice bike for not so much money.

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 at 15:07 Quote
Marr85 wrote:
My girlfriend rides a nice, early aeris. 140/150config. Yari up front with luftkappe.
Saint crank
Xt gears
Xt brake handles with xt caliper rear and zee up front.
Brand-X dropper with wolftooth remote.
Thomson bar and stem.
Really nice bike for not so much money.

Oh I do wish they did the 145 in that colour. Looks lovely.

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 0:30 Quote
That's a really nice 145 Marr85, fantastic colour. I'm also digging the Stage 5 with Ohlins tup

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 0:33 Quote
Pablo16v wrote:
That's a really nice 145 Marr85, fantastic colour. I'm also digging the Stage 5 with Ohlins tup

Actually its a mk1.5 and not a 145 :p maybe even a mk1, i dont remember Big Grin
The colour is nice, fits fine with some orange parts.

The stage5 is nice, a little more in my size Big Grin

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 5:56 Quote
Marr85 - - yeah I was typing too quickly and didn't engage the brain.....happens frequently these days.

I tried both the Stage 5 and Stage 6 last summer at a local demo day, and I almost ordered a Stage 6 frame, but the AM9 was announced soon after so I decided to wait for that instead.

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 2:01 Quote
trickydisco78 wrote:
has anyone tried the aeris with the new linkage yet?

Interested in reviews

I have just bought a 145LT after demoing one in the Forest Of Dean. I absolutely loved it! I have ridden my mates 145 (non LT) a few times and can't really say I noticed that I was on a much bigger bike with the LT version. They both felt very plush and great on the down hills. From my limited experience I would say that it isn't much harder if any to pedal up hill either but I could be wrong.

I have got one ride in on my new bike and she is a rocket! My two previous bikes were a Jeffsy CF1 29er and a Kona Process 153 and this bike is far superior in the gravity side of things.

Will post pics as soon as I can Smile

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 13:26 Quote
Bird Aeris 145 LT Steathy Black

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 13:45 Quote
Niiice.....I do like a black bike. Full stealth is going to require some rim de-stickering and a bit of Sharpie action on the Maxxis logos Big Grin

If the AM9 had a black option that's what I would've gone for but raw will have to do.

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 13:53 Quote
Pablo16v wrote:
Niiice.....I do like a black bike. Full stealth is going to require some rim de-stickering and a bit of Sharpie action on the Maxxis logos Big Grin

If the AM9 had a black option that's what I would've gone for but raw will have to do.

I don't have it in my heart to go full stealth on her just yet Smile I think the black version is sweet but I also love the raw. I on the other hand might have gone raw with the 145 if they offered it.

When do you get your bike?

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 14:32 Quote
Rawkus777 wrote:
Pablo16v wrote:

I don't have it in my heart to go full stealth on her just yet Smile I think the black version is sweet but I also love the raw. I on the other hand might have gone raw with the 145 if they offered it.

When do you get your bike?

The frames are due sometime in April, but no actual dates have been given yet so I'm just waiting patiently, which isn't something I'm particularly good at, but on the plus side the snow and slush should hopefully have disappeared by then Smile

Posted: Mar 20, 2018 at 3:26 Quote
Rawkus777 wrote:

now that looks awesome!!

What size tyres are you running? how are you getting on with wide rims?

Posted: Mar 21, 2018 at 2:05 Quote
now that looks awesome!!

What size tyres are you running? how are you getting on with wide rims?[/Quote]

Thanks bro Smile These are the 2.5 WT Minions and they feel really good. Have only gotten two rides in on the bike and the weather has been terrible. Hoping for less snow this weekend Smile

Posted: Mar 21, 2018 at 11:27 Quote
Rawkus777 wrote:
now that looks awesome!!

What size tyres are you running? how are you getting on with wide rims?

Thanks bro Smile These are the 2.5 WT Minions and they feel really good. Have only gotten two rides in on the bike and the weather has been terrible. Hoping for less snow this weekend Smile [/Quote]

A fellow stealth black owner. Looks lovely, though of course I would say that. I look forward to a full review of the LT!

Are you running some sort of bottle cage adapter there? It looks a lot lot lower in the frame than mine. I'm guessing it's a large too?

I don't suppose you could take a pic of the clearance with the 2.5s at the back?

Posted: Mar 25, 2018 at 6:36 Quote
Should be picking up my AM9 frame next week.

Also have my 120 up for sale if anyone is interested

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2345021/

Posted: Mar 27, 2018 at 0:06 Quote
Bloggingfit wrote:
Should be picking up my AM9 frame next week.

Also have my 120 up for sale if anyone is interested

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2345021/

Nice one. Hopefully I'll hear about my one soon as I’ve now got all the parts I need for the build.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027377
Mobile Version of Website