Bird Aeris owners thread

Posted: Mar 29, 2018 at 8:50 Quote
photo

well i started stripping the chain-stays and found this... at least I found it now rather than stripping everything else and finding this last Frown

Posted: Mar 29, 2018 at 8:55 Quote
Ed-Tyler wrote:
photo

well i started stripping the chain-stays and found this... at least I found it now rather than stripping everything else and finding this last Frown
be interesting what bird say now,is they won't have any MK1/1.5 frames,and if they give you a 145,non of you parts will fit,boost/metric etc.

Posted: Mar 29, 2018 at 9:39 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
Ed-Tyler wrote:
photo

be interesting what bird say now,is they won't have any MK1/1.5 frames,and if they give you a 145,non of you parts will fit,boost/metric etc.

yeah that did cross my mind, not fussed about the boost because thats just a £30 adaptor its the metric that worries me as i'd really like to but that DVO jade on the back and they dont do it in metric yet

Posted: Mar 29, 2018 at 9:42 Quote
Ed-Tyler wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
Ed-Tyler wrote:
photo

yeah that did cross my mind, not fussed about the boost because thats just a £30 adaptor its the metric that worries me as i'd really like to but that DVO jade on the back and they dont do it in metric yet
and cranks,let me know how you get on,obviously mines rawed,and I'm taking it to whistler,so it might come back in bits,

Posted: Mar 30, 2018 at 2:09 Quote
Just got an email back from Dan at Bird, said he's gonna ship me out a new mk 1.5 chainstay on tuesday. Possibly the most hassle free warranty of my life!

Posted: Mar 30, 2018 at 2:38 Quote
Ed-Tyler wrote:
Just got an email back from Dan at Bird, said he's gonna ship me out a new mk 1.5 chainstay on tuesday. Possibly the most hassle free warranty of my life!
Bird and Hope best customer service anywhere.Glad you got it sorted.

Posted: Mar 31, 2018 at 6:51 Quote
photo

photo

photo

Size L, 145 linkage.

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 5:32 Quote
Hi,

Has anyone got an AM9 ? I'm really interested in it, seems like the perfect mix for general trail riding and more agressive sessions (with some uplifts), but I've only seen the BikeRadar review, still searching if anyone else has ridden it...

With my 183 centimeters, Bird advices me the large one, but god... 500mm reach is huge. My current bike has 473mm and it's spot on, so I'm thinking about buying the M/L and put a 175mm reverb on it.

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 6:00 Quote
Yetichon wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone got an AM9 ? I'm really interested in it, seems like the perfect mix for general trail riding and more agressive sessions (with some uplifts), but I've only seen the BikeRadar review, still searching if anyone else has ridden it...

With my 183 centimeters, Bird advices me the large one, but god... 500mm reach is huge. My current bike has 473mm and it's spot on, so I'm thinking about buying the M/L and put a 175mm reverb on it.

I’m still waiting for mine to arrive, which I hope will be soon as the last info I got from Bird was end of March or early April. I’m 186cm (6ft 1”) and I have a large raw frame coming.

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 6:05 Quote
Pablo16v wrote:
Yetichon wrote:
Hi,

I’m still waiting for mine to arrive, which I hope will be soon as the last info I got from Bird was end of March or early April. I’m 186cm (6ft 1”) and I have a large raw frame coming.

Nice ! Waiting for your report on the bike.

What wheelset did you choose ?

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 7:33 Quote
Yetichon wrote:
Pablo16v wrote:
Yetichon wrote:
Hi,

Nice ! Waiting for your report on the bike.

What wheelset did you choose ?

Yeah I can't wait, and I'll happily provide some feedback once it's built. There's another chap on here waiting to build one too (Bloggingfit), and he was supposed to be getting his frame last week I believe so there might be some feedback coming soon.

I'm keeping my existing wheels which are 4 year old Light Bicycle 30mm carbon rims on Hope Pro2 hubs, and I've bought a Hope boost kit for the rear hub.

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 7:55 Quote
Yetichon wrote:
Hi,

Don't be afraid of the reach. I'm 183 too and the L Aeris 145 fits perfectly (with a 35 mm stem and 160 BikeYoke dropper post).

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 8:54 Quote
tophock wrote:
Yetichon wrote:
Hi,

Don't be afraid of the reach. I'm 183 too and the L Aeris 145 fits perfectly (with a 35 mm stem and 160 BikeYoke dropper post).

Ok that's what I wanted to know, thanks !

Btw, your green 145 is really nice, don't know if I will go green or blue for mine.

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 10:04 Quote
Still not got around to collecting my AM9 yet but I rode the demo bike last September which was an M/L and found the reach just fine at 176cm with not having a long torso or arms.

Best way I can describe the bike is it doesn't feel like a large 29er bike until you need it to be.

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 11:21 Quote
Bloggingfit wrote:
Still not got around to collecting my AM9 yet but I rode the demo bike last September which was an M/L and found the reach just fine at 176cm with not having a long torso or arms.

Best way I can describe the bike is it doesn't feel like a large 29er bike until you need it to be.

Which is exactly what I'm searching for, coming from a Swoop 170 which feels big all the time, particularly riding it here near Paris... (insane bike in the Alps tho)

So L it will be. Just need to decide for the wheels, sell my Swoop and I'm good to go.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029027
Mobile Version of Website