Specialized Pitch Comp Hardtail Upgrades

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized Pitch Comp Hardtail Upgrades
Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 6:35 Quote
Lisarisa wrote:
Hi Guys, i have a 2018 Specialized Pitch sport. Im a bit lost on this thread what I need to upgrade to the sram 1x11

Do i need a new hub or back rim ?

What else is necessary? Bottom bracket?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers Lisa

Sram NX is compatible with shimano hubs so no need to change hub. I just upgraded my 2020 pitch comp and both bb and hubs no need to change.

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 6:40 Quote
bsmith84 wrote:
I'm glad I found this thread before I brought my new Pitch Sport home. I was told by one of the techs at the shop that there is no way to run an internal dropper because there is not enough room in the bottom bracket to fish it through. Even though there is an open port to do it.

Has anyone ran an internal?

Have to run external and come out from the down tube.

Posted: Jun 17, 2020 at 6:46 Quote
Lundy208 wrote:
[PI= size=l0 align=c][/PI]All,

I have had my Specialized Pitch Comp for a few years and it has sentimental value so before I get jumped on for spending $$ on upgrades KNOW THAT.

I wanted to share what I have done to make this bike more capable for me.

I upgraded the front end so far:
-Rockshox Yari 160mm.

Hi, how's the riding like when upgraded to 160mm travel?

Posted: Jun 23, 2020 at 0:01 Quote
patrickhuang wrote:
bsmith84 wrote:
I'm glad I found this thread before I brought my new Pitch Sport home. I was told by one of the techs at the shop that there is no way to run an internal dropper because there is not enough room in the bottom bracket to fish it through. Even though there is an open port to do it.

Has anyone ran an internal?

Have to run external and come out from the down tube.

I think it is possible, just not easy. Will need to remove the Bottom bracket, and replace it with something like the Shimano MT800 where you have the option to remove the middle shaft so that the dropper cable will have space to be routed.

I only discovered this when installing the MT800.

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 7:07 Quote
Has anyone gone to a shimano 1x12 setup? Boredom has struck and I'm getting an itch to upgrade my 2016 Pitch.

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 3:32 Quote
photo
photo

Thought I should share mine. On the fence about upgrading anymore. Might change wheels if I trash the current ones

Pitch comp
Box 2 11speed
Manitou machete air fork
Hollowtech BB
Cheap cranks
Maxxis dhf front, aggressor rear
Shorter stem
Canfield crampon pedals

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 8:38 Quote
Hi when you switched to 1x was it a 1x11 ? I have 2018 pitch sport and the slx m7000 shimano casette doesnt fit on stock hub?
Lisa

eplanajr wrote:
For a 1x, there is no need for new cranks or a bottom bracket. Just a nw chainring. 104 BCD, in my case a Raceface.

Mine is driven by a Shimano Zee Shifter and an SLX RD with a 11-40 10 Speed cassette.

photo

Raceface 32 tooth 104 BCD.

Weight of going from 3x to 1x

Weight of going from 3x to 1x

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 10:31 Quote
My 11 speed fit with no issues on the stock hub

His was a 10 speed

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 18:03 Quote
Bbknucks wrote:
My 11 speed fit with no issues on the stock hub

His was a 10 speed

What specialized pitch do you have mine is pitch 'sport ' 2018 and the hub Shimano Center Lock, disc, 135x9mm QR, 32h ... the 11 speed casette doesnt fit? Is there anyway i can modify the hub to make it fit. Will a 10 speed casette fit?

I got impression from thread the conversion worked with stock hub... or do pitch sport, comp, expert have different hubs?

I also bought a narrow wide chainrung 32t and its not compatible with stock bb which is Square taper, 73mm, internal bearings. I thought the only measurement i needed was the bcd to match up the chainring. Do I need both a new bb and new crank and if so what is recommended for a 'normal' narrow wide chainring and 1 x11 set up.

Thanks in advance for any help ... ive already invested in the parts i don't want ot to be a total fail.

Lisa

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 18:08 Quote
Bbknucks wrote:
photo
photo

Thought I should share mine. On the fence about upgrading anymore. Might change wheels if I trash the current ones

Pitch comp
Box 2 11speed
Manitou machete air fork
Hollowtech BB
Cheap cranks
Maxxis dhf front, aggressor rear
Shorter stem
Canfield crampon pedals

Could you tell me the year of your pitch comp i want to compare hubs?

Lisa

Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 20:14 Quote
The 2020 pitch comp has same hub as the 2018 pitch sport. So the Sram NX 11 speed casette fits but the shimano 11 speed casette doesn't fit mine ... i assumed they are interchangable ?

What chainring did people use to be compatible with the Square taper, 73mm, internal bearings?

Cheers
Lisa

Posted: Jul 19, 2020 at 5:43 Quote
I'll check the year when I get home later. But I believe it's a 2015.

Mine does not have centerlock hubs. They are bolt on rotors

Posted: Jul 19, 2020 at 6:26 Quote
Bbknucks wrote:
I'll check the year when I get home later. But I believe it's a 2015.

Mine does not have centerlock hubs. They are bolt on rotors

I think the difference us some of these pitch conversions some of you have started with a 3x9 cassette and crank and mine are 3x8 ... and that is why casette doesn't fit???

Posted: Jul 19, 2020 at 15:31 Quote
Mine is a 2016 and has the Specialized Stout hubs. I’ve read that they were possibly made by Formula.

Posted: Jul 22, 2020 at 5:14 Quote
Does anybody know if I can modify the existing hub by replacing the hub body for an 11 speed free hub body or an economic hub the would suffice? I don't want to break the bank on this upgrade.. but now I'm invested in it.

Lisa

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.049863
Mobile Version of Website