Bomber Strap

PB Forum :: Downhill
Bomber Strap
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 8:13 Quote
Couldn’t find the site, but did see see the pics under your profile as well as what’s on Instagram.

Looks like it might not work well with DH forks. From what I can see in the pics you have it looks like the fork needs to be able to turn a full 90% for the bike to be able to be properly strapped to it.

If I am wrong and it does work with dual crown forks then please post up a picture because it does look interesting otherwise.

Price?

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 9:26 Quote
Hi thank you for the response. It should work well with any fork system, the fork strap has a vast circumference range from 4 3/4” to 8”. The down tube strap can accomidate circumferences of 5” to 9 1/4”The website should be accessible at www.bomberstrap.com
It is a fairly new product, I have Gee Atherton and some of his friends doing some product testing- I am very excited to get there feedback. The more feedback I can get the better. However, I am happy with the design, I have been building and perfecting them for 4 years the only thing that has challenged the design are the new tailgates on the Dodge trucks they have an overhanging edge. It makes it more difficult to hang the bike. Let me know if you still have trouble getting to the site. It will look completely different in 2 weeks.
The price is $ 74 for one and $120 for 2. They are US manufactured, this helps me maintain my quality control. I want to make sure everyone has a positive experience with this product.

Will
Developer

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 13:49 Quote
Are you planing to expand your market to europe?

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 15:10 Quote
I can ship anywhere if you are interested! What are your thoughts on the product?

Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 14:14 Quote
Nadasurfer wrote:
I can ship anywhere if you are interested! What are your thoughts on the product?
I think that this is great and it takes up less space if you need to take it off evry time (my friend forgot to take of his one and it got stolen) and 2 for 120$ is great price
I will send you a message if i need it but it looks to be very good
Also does this thing move left and right if you go to hard in corners with pickup or not?

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2018 at 11:47 Quote
meltedcheese wrote:
Nadasurfer wrote:
I think that this is great and it takes up less space if you need to take it off evry time (my friend forgot to take of his one and it got stolen) and 2 for 120$ is great price
I will send you a message if i need it but it looks to be very good
Also does this thing move left and right if you go to hard in corners with pickup or not?

The product works best on mid-size trucks like Tacomas and Tundras. To determine if it will work place the bike in the tailgate like you would if you were putting it over a mat. Check to make sure the fork comes close to contacting the tailgate and that the spokes do not hit the bumper. Down Hill forks typically do not work well with this product.

The product definitely does a great job with holding a bike down. It will keep it in place and the bike will not tip over.

If you are interested I will give you a 20 percent discount code. You can purchase them at bomberstrap.com

Thank you for taking notice!

Posted: Feb 11, 2018 at 11:21 Quote
Looks like it would skew things pretty awkwardly if you tried to fit a DH fork in there.

What might be be better is a DH version which has a wider "drop section" (for lack of a better word) to one side, and the lower strap offset. In your picture it would be wider to the left, and the lower strapping device would be offset to the left to match - so that it could work neatly with a DH fork.

I'm sure you could also design a single version that allowed both SC and DC forks to work - and I also don't see why the above "offset" design couldn't work fine for trail bikes / singlecrowns too.

However, as it stands, I think that design is not the best for a DH bike.

Overall though, I think it's an excellent idea if it's secure and durable.
Best wishes!

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 7:53 Quote
Cool idea, wished that I had seen this before getting a Thule that I then had to sell for a song when I bought a new truck. It's the ease of storage and compactness that make it interesting to me. Might end up with one of these out here in Maine, I think that the truck crew might be interested

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011840
Mobile Version of Website