Converting 160mm Lyrik to 170mm, 2018 29er

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Converting 160mm Lyrik to 170mm, 2018 29er
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2018 at 19:07 Quote
Does anyone know if it's a simple air piston to increase travel on the 2018 Lyrik 29er from 160mm to 170mm?

Posted: Feb 12, 2018 at 12:12 Quote
ryan83 wrote:
Does anyone know if it's a simple air piston to increase travel on the 2018 Lyrik 29er from 160mm to 170mm?

You just have to change the air shaft. You will need the 170mm air shaft, which I just happen to have (upgraded mine from 170mm to 180mm).

Posted: Feb 12, 2018 at 12:13 Quote
Um...double post.

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 at 13:15 Quote
Sweet. Thanks for the information. Have you done anything else to the Lyrik? I'm about to pull the trigger on a YT Capra 29er but coming from a 2017 Fox 36 Pushed. Lyrik doesn't have that kind of adjustment built in so curious what I can do to further refine the ride, if even needed. My Pike was fine at low speeds but when I started to push hard in chunk it would wallow and was hard to get dialed.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 12:59 Quote
ryan83 wrote:
Sweet. Thanks for the information. Have you done anything else to the Lyrik? I'm about to pull the trigger on a YT Capra 29er but coming from a 2017 Fox 36 Pushed. Lyrik doesn't have that kind of adjustment built in so curious what I can do to further refine the ride, if even needed. My Pike was fine at low speeds but when I started to push hard in chunk it would wallow and was hard to get dialed.

Oh...yeah you are going to miss that 36. The Pike/Lyrik are good performers but the 36 is next level. I've never been able to get a Pike to where I was fully happy with it which is why I ended up with a 36 on my Enduro bike. The 36 felt better out of the box than the Pike did after half a season of tinkering. I came into a free Lyrik for my big bike build so i'm going with it....but more than likely i'm going to end up on another 36 eventually.

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 16:18 Quote
TheRaven wrote:
ryan83 wrote:

Oh...yeah you are going to miss that 36. The Pike/Lyrik are good performers but the 36 is next level. I've never been able to get a Pike to where I was fully happy with it which is why I ended up with a 36 on my Enduro bike. The 36 felt better out of the box than the Pike did after half a season of tinkering. I came into a free Lyrik for my big bike build so i'm going with it....but more than likely i'm going to end up on another 36 eventually.

I'll especially miss it because I'm keeping it for my "wife's" bike. She's the same size as me so I'll be rolling with both. I know it's amazing but my new Capra comes with a Lyrik and I couldn't justify the Fox build for an additional 5-10% performance gain. Who knows...maybe I'll drop a coil in it at some point? I'm also considering the Lufkappe from Vosprung and/or Avalanche. Cheers!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007952
Mobile Version of Website