Powered by Outside

2004 marzocchi monster ?

PB Forum :: Marzocchi
2004 marzocchi monster ?

Author Message
Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 18:41 Quote
Just picked up a what was sold to me as a 2004 monster but one of the images has solid caps at the tops of the fork legs where usually you would see adjustment settings within the centers of the caps. Have I purchased a non adjustable fork ? Seller hasn’t responded to me and has already shipped out the fork. The fork is 110% authentic in appearance and is showroom condition just those caps are throwing me off.... any help guys in what I’ve bought

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 14:20 Quote
You've probably already found out you bought a Marzocchi Monster T2. The T2 is a non adjustable version of the T, mostly found as OEM equipment.

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 11:04 Quote
Yes you are 100% correct and thanks for the response. It came with a front wheel with a Rocky Mountain hub built to an ALEX rim so I kinda figured that. I wonder if Rocky Mountain was the only company that offed this T2 on its bikes. Still like it though. My GF wanted a big beach cruiser type ride with a massive fork and 3.0 tires so this worked. It will probably never see a downhill ever again this one. Thanks again

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 11:14 Quote
r3pti7ian wrote:
Yes you are 100% correct and thanks for the response. It came with a front wheel with a Rocky Mountain hub built to an ALEX rim so I kinda figured that. I wonder if Rocky Mountain was the only company that offed this T2 on its bikes. Still like it though. My GF wanted a big beach cruiser type ride with a massive fork and 3.0 tires so this worked. It will probably never see a downhill ever again this one. Thanks again

Norco also issued the T2 on the first A-Line bikes at that time, i'm sure a few other companies did also..

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 21:41 Quote
It's certainly not a bad fork. Easy to service as well. And looks f'n awesome!

I rebuilt one last summer. Aside from taking almost a quart of oil it was incredibly straight forward... The original oil that came out was rather pungent though, just a bit on the absolutely disgusting side. Still worked fine but a seal blew out so it was overhaul time.

Going to have to post a pic of that cruiser when it's done, I'd love to see it.

Posted: May 25, 2018 at 16:25 Quote
Ok for sure, I’ll post a picture this weekend. I’m waiting for brakes. It’s a weird looking beast but my GF likes the geometry of it. She wanted I high front end and that fork was perfect

Posted: May 25, 2018 at 16:27 Quote
Just curious what weight oil did you use for your overhaul ? Thx

Posted: May 25, 2018 at 16:33 Quote
r3pti7ian wrote:
Just curious what weight oil did you use for your overhaul ? Thx

If memory serves, all Zocchis of that era use 7.5wt

Posted: May 27, 2018 at 8:33 Quote
Marzocchi factory oil is golden spectro 125/150

Liberally apply slickoleum/slick honey to the seals, inside and out. Makes a mess the first few times out but it'll keep it running smooth and stiction free.

  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008373
Mobile Version of Website