Swapping side of brake hoses on Hope Tech 3 v4

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Swapping side of brake hoses on Hope Tech 3 v4
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 12, 2018 at 8:26 Quote
Hey guys! Smile

Just got a new bike with some Hope Tech 3 v4 brakes and noticed straight away that my front brake is on the right hand side and the rear brake is on the left.

Since I'm totally used to the opposite I'm going to swap the hoses around and I'm wondering if it's possible to do this without doing a full brake bleed?

Posted: Apr 12, 2018 at 8:58 Quote
I am going to bet that you will want to do a bleed, but you may luck out if you are very careful.

Posted: Apr 12, 2018 at 9:06 Quote
Can you not just swap the levers around? They'll be upside down, but I think it'd save you having to bleed anything....

O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2018 at 11:38 Quote
If you are very careful it can be done without a bleed, but it's so easy to do it's not worth not bleeding. Can't run Tech3 upside down as it'll look shit.

And Fr-R, Rr-L is the proper way round!

Posted: Apr 12, 2018 at 12:34 Quote
Might just aswell get some oil then and do a bleed then when swapping Smile
Haha, definitely won't run them upside down!

Posted: Apr 15, 2018 at 14:27 Quote
Pull the lever and put zip tie around it just enough that it will close the re fill /bleed port inside the master cylinder that will stop the master cylinder draining and picking up air as long as you don't knock it. Keep the hoses vertical so none drains out. Swop round hoses. Take zip tie off brakes leave over night so any air will creep up to the master cylinder end and can exist out of the bleed /refill port. No guarantee it will work but down it a few times and got lucky. My Hope e4s have one way bleed niples on the caliper so bleeding is mega easy. Dunno if that's Standard

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010255
Mobile Version of Website