HALO vs DMR the wheel fight off!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
HALO vs DMR the wheel fight off!
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 13:34 Quote
curlyaaron wrote:
freeridereddie wrote:
curlyaaron wrote:
i run a halo sas djd wheel 48 spoke it was smooth as hell and nice hub sound but then i landed a spine to flat in a whip and i bent a spoke and buckled my wheel and crushed my driver bearings. they are very heavy indeed but if u see a cheap djd halo sas defo buy it ther pretty good if ur not a very hardcore rider. good for djs too and casing airs . and are dmr pro rear wheels any good i was looking into buying one. hope this helped
not bad at all bearings are smooth as silk and i havent buckled them once
was that about the dmr wheel or halo
the dmr pro ive got a pair in 26" and their f*cking amaizing, well recomended

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 13:56 Quote
i ran DMR dv's for about a year and a half they are good wheels i was just getting into riding "proper" dirt jumps and not little lumps. so i was coming up pretty short on the landings in the big gaps and coming down pretty heavy on the back rim.. nose bonked quite a few times on the front rim.

after a year a half apart from the usual cosmetic damage the wheels have held up pretty well, the bearings are great and there is a slight buckle in the back wheel but hardly noticeable. ALSO i ride in sand so bearings normally get knackered

i sold the rear one and bought a sas and rode that and there hasent been a buckle in it but im a much smoother rider and havent come down hard on it yet. got another sas freecoaster brand new but now loooking at a new build

just got a tornado for the front and and from what ive hear there pretty good

just in the thoughts now of wether to get the DMR pro singlespeed rear wheel or the SAS djd both seem good wheels and i have had no faults with both rims over the years.

hope this helps anyone and looking for some help myself, DJD or DMR pro singlespeed?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029088
Mobile Version of Website