Worst FreeRide/Dh tire

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Worst FreeRide/Dh tire
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 22:32 Quote
I was just thinking about how bad my specialized chunders are, so i started this thread. Tell me about your experiences.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 22:40 Quote
i tried out panaracer fire FR 2.4. i thought the size sounded cool, right in between 2.3 & 2.5. i must say its one sorry tire. no sidewall casing, its like wet tissue paper. it would just fold over under the smallest pressure from cornering or whipping, absolutely gutless.

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 6:24 Quote
The worst tire i've had was tioga factory dh.It has no grip at all,the softest side walls and it's wearing for like a minute!

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 6:37 Quote
hahaha im a fan of both the factory dh and the fire fr and the dh. if you bought the steel beaded version with just the one red ring they were pretty shit but if you the kevlar versions you would dent your rim before pinch flating. who remembers the tioga physco range?

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 6:51 Quote
I've got chunders that came on my bighit and so far they've been really good. I don't have much to compare them too but from what i've seen they're great.

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 6:53 Quote
continental diesel protection gets my vote for most punctures per minute!!!!!

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 6:56 Quote
morse-code wrote:
I've got chunders that came on my bighit and so far they've been really good. I don't have much to compare them too but from what i've seen they're great.

no there not.

undercoverfreak wrote:
continental diesel protection gets my vote for most punctures per minute!!!!!

we dont mention those tyres thank you.

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 11:40 Quote
morse-code wrote:
The only thing that the chunder acually handles good is mud, it's a mud machine. When you hit the loose dirty going decently to pretty fast it's aweful. On slick rock its bad too.

I also don't like the maxxis lopes bling bling duals.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 15:05 Quote
gazz 24inch 3.0 tires.. horrid for gravel turning!!

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 15:08 Quote
knobzy wrote:
gazz 24inch 3.0 tires.. horrid for gravel turning!!

YUK

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 15:23 Quote
nokian hakka 2.3, gazzaloddis 3.0, 2.6 mud blue2.1, too heavy and bad grip.
tioga factory 2.1 and 2.3, bad grip. and a lot of snake bites.
conti diesel 2.5, snakebites.
irc missile 2.25, no grip.
i think thats all...
hutchinsons were bullshit too, dont remember whith one, but a lot of snake bites..

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 15:24 Quote
DAMZ wrote:
tioga factory 2.1 and 2.3, bad grip. and a lot of snake bites.

were a great tyre when they first came out.

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 15:29 Quote
were a great tyre when they first came out.[/Quote]

yes. 1998. i remember a big article in a bike magazine. john tomac rode them on his bikes. nicolas voillos too, when he created the v-process bikes. one month later he rode michelin againSmile
i had these tires on my bike 98/99 and all guys said "woow" fat! later i rode michelin c16.

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 10:20 Quote
Funny because the Chunder is one of the best tires on the market. I have ridden Tioga DH tires, IRC dh tires, Maxxis Mobster, Maxxis High Roller, Maxxis Minion, Intense FRO tires, etc. The chunder is my favorite. Hmmm....interesting...very very interesting....

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 11:38 Quote
morse-code wrote:

yea i agree i liked the chunders for when i had them... i used them for 2 years on my big hit and raced a season of dh on them and they treated me well

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010930
Mobile Version of Website