2018 Carbine Head Angle Experiment

PB Forum :: Intense
2018 Carbine Head Angle Experiment
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 20, 2018 at 21:38 Quote
Has anyone experimented with angleset headsets with their Carbine frame? I love my Carbine as it stands but was curious if anyone had experimented with a slacker head angle. I had a great experience with a Works angleset headset on another frame at the time and was thinking to perhaps buy one and try it on my Carbine frame.

Posted: Jul 16, 2018 at 19:52 Quote
Hay austenselk, health issues has kept from riding much of last year and this year. But I’ve spent lot of time on -1 angleset on Intense bikes and know others that do the same. If I was to get a carbine, it’s the first thing I’d do. It’s a cheap experiment, if you don’t like it you won’t lose much to sell it on eBay of here on PB

Posted: Jul 16, 2018 at 21:23 Quote
@ViceGrips

I'm looking at the 1.5 degree angleset headset from Works Components as I'm familiar with it on a previous frame and had a good experience with it. Thinking that I will combine the angelset headset with a new shorter offset fork (42mm Rockshox Lyrik RC2.) I also have been messaging another owner and user of the newest Carbine generation and now I'm looking at a 230mm x 65mm rear shock to achieve additional travel in the rear by sacrificing maximum tire width ability.

A little homework discovery , with a 1.5 degree angleset headset it affects not only the head tube angle but also the seat tube angle, bottom bracket height, wheelbase, and stack height (the headset adds an additional 7mm to the top cap of the headset.) With the 1.5 degree headset installed here is the reflection in the geometry numbers.

Head tube angle - 64 degrees
Seat tube angle - 74.25 degrees
Bottom bracket height - 343mm
Wheelbase length: 1248mm

Here's a picture of my Carbine as it currently stands.
Took a break to eat lunch while riding at Deer Valley and decided to take a picture.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009916
Mobile Version of Website