Langley BC

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Langley BC
Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 13:26 Quote
Back to the making what we have better part. I'm thinking that the maintenance issue will go a long way towards rideability. Especially at RE Mountain. The first and second set's are useless, and there are still issues with the fourth set. Which means about 99% of the riding is being done on the third set. With that much traffic, that set will soon be haggared as well. Another thing I noticed was that several people have done work on the fourth set (Jay Hoots, then "independent" builders) Usually the party involved is happy with their work when they're done, but nobody has gotten that fourth set to a state where everybody likes to ride them. Not to knock Jay, but if we have a regular scheduled dig day it might be good to have an actual group that builds dirt jumps come out and do some instruction (such as Ten Pack, they recently did a day like that for the South Surry bike park http://www.sorcebikeclub.org/index.php?option=com_extcalendar&extmode=view&extid=66 ) I know some of the people reading this are probably pro's and don't need the instruction. But we need lot's of people so if that meen's noob's show up then we should have somone there showing them how to do things right. I also don't know what the tool situation with the LMBA looks like. The NSMBA supplies all of the tools when they have a trail day because not everybody has them, tools break so it sucks using your own, alot of the volunteers are kids who ride out and it sucks trying to carry a shovel. Anyway, I've got to ask Russ what tools we have and if this is something we could spend money on. Money right now is tight in Langley, the district is reigning in on some of their spending. The one tool we definately need is a way to carry water, and I'm currently working on this. I've only got a stationwagon though, so if one of the LMBA members who owns a truck would care to lend theirs during the dig days I'd really apreciate it. Otherwise the size of the water container will be dictated by the back of my wagon. Also, one last thing about that fourth set. I'm not a dirt jumper but what I've been told by most people complaining is that the start ramp for the 4th set is too low. I don't know the reason for it being the height that it is, but if this is the case then we sould push for resources to build a higher mound or a small platform at the top and maybe a wood roll in. Anyone else with ideas?

Posted: Aug 2, 2009 at 23:15 Quote
RaceFaceJason wrote:
Back to the making what we have better part. I'm thinking that the maintenance issue will go a long way towards rideability. Especially at RE Mountain. The first and second set's are useless, and there are still issues with the fourth set. Which means about 99% of the riding is being done on the third set. With that much traffic, that set will soon be haggared as well. Another thing I noticed was that several people have done work on the fourth set (Jay Hoots, then "independent" builders) Usually the party involved is happy with their work when they're done, but nobody has gotten that fourth set to a state where everybody likes to ride them. Not to knock Jay, but if we have a regular scheduled dig day it might be good to have an actual group that builds dirt jumps come out and do some instruction (such as Ten Pack, they recently did a day like that for the South Surry bike park http://www.sorcebikeclub.org/index.php?option=com_extcalendar&extmode=view&extid=66 ) I know some of the people reading this are probably pro's and don't need the instruction. But we need lot's of people so if that meen's noob's show up then we should have somone there showing them how to do things right. I also don't know what the tool situation with the LMBA looks like. The NSMBA supplies all of the tools when they have a trail day because not everybody has them, tools break so it sucks using your own, alot of the volunteers are kids who ride out and it sucks trying to carry a shovel. Anyway, I've got to ask Russ what tools we have and if this is something we could spend money on. Money right now is tight in Langley, the district is reigning in on some of their spending. The one tool we definately need is a way to carry water, and I'm currently working on this. I've only got a stationwagon though, so if one of the LMBA members who owns a truck would care to lend theirs during the dig days I'd really apreciate it. Otherwise the size of the water container will be dictated by the back of my wagon. Also, one last thing about that fourth set. I'm not a dirt jumper but what I've been told by most people complaining is that the start ramp for the 4th set is too low. I don't know the reason for it being the height that it is, but if this is the case then we sould push for resources to build a higher mound or a small platform at the top and maybe a wood roll in. Anyone else with ideas?

3 steps:
step 1: plow mountains jumps
step 2: go to whistler look at the river jumps
step 3: come back and reproduce those
outcome: people will actually go there

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 21:28 Quote
anybody ever try the forest near west Langley? jumps arnt great but get some guys in there and lets make so more improved jumps!!

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 23:09 Quote
^^ biggest waste of time

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 10:06 Quote
ya its a waist of time lets just get some talented people who now how to make awesome jumps in there!!!Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 21:18 Quote
langley is flat Frown why hasent any body heard of a dh trail around here Razz

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 21:30 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/hinton-bike-park-2010.html

this in langley would be nice

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 23:22 Quote
Too bad the city hates mountain bikers.

Posted: Jan 19, 2010 at 18:07 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
Too bad the city hates mountain bikers.
so true

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 21:59 Quote
So, I went to a meeting this evening about designing a Mountain bike park in Aldergrove. its about a 1.2 acre site (the current site by the langley events center is slightly smaller at 1 acre) I'm drafting up a design for the dirt jumps. in the coming weeks we're going to have a final design and the park will be built through the summer.
The township is being alot more open this time around after seeing how popular the one by the events center is. There are still no gaps, and no drops larger than 4 feet. I'm going to try and design the expert jump to incorporate some berms and hips and maybe a box so its not just 3 jumps in a row.

Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 22:35 Quote
matt try and make them step ups like the whistler airdome box jumps

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 22:39 Quote
nickt wrote:
matt try and make them step ups like the whistler airdome box jumps

I'm going to try and make at least a few jumps in the set step ups, I want a step down into the big set (not huge but big enough to keep the gromelets off) and then I'm trying to get a mulch jump with a wood lip

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011071
Mobile Version of Website