Location of Ride Log Is Incorrect

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Location of Ride Log Is Incorrect
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 9:24 Quote
After I upload my ride log to the website, the Location that is listed is wrong. The area I ride is not listed in the website so is it automatically using the closest set of trails? how do I change it or fix this?

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 10:03 Quote
You would need to add the riding area and trails that you used, onto the system.

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 12:37 Quote
GavinStorie wrote:
You would need to add the riding area and trails that you used, onto the system.
Thanks

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 9:07 Quote
Here are some of my issues:
1. When I stop my ride I click stop and wait to upload when I get home. The app doesn't mark that point as my stop point, but the point where I upload the data. This is irritating since I cannot edit the ride data.
2. Since I ride in areas where there are no official trails that are in trailforks database, my rides get tagged with stupidly inaccurate locations sometimes a 15-70 miles away.
3. From the trailforks website I find it difficult to directly access my recorded rides. Much of the time the site takes me to the false location that was tagged by the system and if I zoom into the ride area the route isn't loaded. I have to find a route that works then scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on other ride uploads to view the data.

Not sure if I am going to use this much longer. Just wanted a way to save my rides, share them with friends and bring some trails in my area to the attention of the public but this is not really working that well.

Posted: Jun 7, 2018 at 6:14 Quote
kwennemar wrote:
Here are some of my issues:
1. When I stop my ride I click stop and wait to upload when I get home. The app doesn't mark that point as my stop point, but the point where I upload the data. This is irritating since I cannot edit the ride data.
2. Since I ride in areas where there are no official trails that are in trailforks database, my rides get tagged with stupidly inaccurate locations sometimes a 15-70 miles away.
3. From the trailforks website I find it difficult to directly access my recorded rides. Much of the time the site takes me to the false location that was tagged by the system and if I zoom into the ride area the route isn't loaded. I have to find a route that works then scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on other ride uploads to view the data.

Not sure if I am going to use this much longer. Just wanted a way to save my rides, share them with friends and bring some trails in my area to the attention of the public but this is not really working that well.

1/ Upload it when you stop riding and that should fix the problem

2/ add the trails that you ride and the riding area onto the system and it will make your locations correct

3/ bookmark your ridelogs page so that it is easily accessable from your browser

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009884
Mobile Version of Website