Post your Guerrilla Gravity!

PB Forum :: Guerrilla Gravity
Post your Guerrilla Gravity!
Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 9:55 Quote
chacou wrote:
bansaiman wrote:
Ah, and I have a 230*65 mm shock lying around that I could travel For my coming smash.

Is it necessary at all or would 230*65 in the Smash Work without the rear wheel touching the Seattube?

Re: down tube, that’s just some strips of rubber mastic tape to quiet things a bit on loose “gravel” we have around here and would kick up from the front tire.

I never experienced tire rub on my smash running the 230x65 DVO Jade. Putting it on without the coil and compressing it fully with a ski strap it comes close, and might rub if going deep through the bottom out bumper on the damper. But riding it for over a year, including days at Trestle Bike Park, I never experienced tire rub.

Great,Then I do Not Need to Change my nice shock,great :-)

I will Upgrade the downtube protector definitely

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 8:11 Quote
First ride on the new bike! Love it!

photo

photo

photo

photo

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 19:32 Quote
ZebraJacket99 wrote:

photo

photo

photo

photo

Looking hot! Really digging that paint!

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 20:08 Quote
ZebraJacket99 wrote:

photo

photo

photo

photo

Love that color.
Nice, Smash or gnarvana? How does it climb on steep ascends? I am waiting to build Up my Smash:-)

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 14:50 Quote
That's a Smash, you can tell by the flip chip on the stays.

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 23:52 Quote
The decals seem to be attached pretty right. How can I remove Them?

Got a frame from Sale With blue decals and want to Exchange Them

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 6:45 Quote
[Quote="bansaiman"]
ZebraJacket99 wrote:

Love that color.
Nice, Smash or gnarvana? How does it climb on steep ascends? I am waiting to build Up my Smash:-)

Smash. Climbs just fine IMO but full disclosure I am coming off of a 2016 Trek Slash (160mm travel) so this bike is certainly going to feel like it climbs better than my old bike. So far this bike feels great on ups/downs/chunks/jumps. Very stable and it came in right around 33lbs, slightly lighter than my Slash but has larger rubber, wider rims etc.

I went with a 40mm stem and the 185mm dropper on my build.

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 7:07 Quote
ZebraJacket99 wrote:

I thought that vista looked familiar. Love me some BCSP! Did you hit the new Gnawbone trail!?

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 7:59 Quote
bansaiman wrote:

If they are not under the clear coat then maybe this video will help.

Good luck.

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 10:35 Quote
bansaiman wrote:

might want to just email bikes@ridegg.com and get their input, very helpful customer service and I'd bet they could advise how to do it w/o damaging powder coat

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 6:08 Quote
CamShreds wrote:
ZebraJacket99 wrote:

I thought that vista looked familiar. Love me some BCSP! Did you hit the new Gnawbone trail!?

Yea, but only in little sections because I actually used it to climb out after Hobbs so i would stop and session the cool bits. I need to go back and hit Gnaw Bone in a single run. It is an amazingly built trail.

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2023 at 16:46 Quote
bansaiman wrote:

I got mine in the fall, it was explained to me that the decals are baked on during paint curing. Support pointed me to stikrd.com for replacements, but I never heard back form them so there is that.

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2023 at 18:16 Quote
Gnarvana V2 in size 3. It currently has 180mm in the front. It is currently just under 40 lbs. This is the most recent image, it has a lot more color now.

photo

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2023 at 19:03 Quote
Made a couple mods, got out for a tiny neighborhood pedal
- Smash => Gnar V2 aka Night Goat (keeping the music theme)
- CC Kitsuma (re-stroked to 230x65 for the Gnarvana, however I've found my Smash can also clear a 230x65 at full compression, running this same shock, no air, fully compressed with ski straps and tire still clears, barely)
- Manitou Mezzer at 170mm
- I9 305 Hydra w/ E13 Helix+ cassette
- E13 Grappler and AT (front/rear) in enduro casing, mopo compound, no inserts this time
- RF Turbine 165 cranks w/ OneUp 30t oval

Basically a new bike. Kinda blown away so far with just a little bit of pedaling around how sensitive and smooth the Mezzer is. I'm really excited to actually get this out on the trails, probably gonna need to head to the desert real soon to ride it on dry trails since we're entering prime snow season.

photo
photo
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.049870
Mobile Version of Website