Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: May 18, 2019 at 18:15 Quote
thebokchoi wrote:
ytjodave wrote:
thebokchoi wrote:
Hey,

Does anyone know which Invisiframe finish would be better for the 2019 Jeffsy Pro Race in black? Matte or gloss?

cheers

I went with matte and couldn’t be happier. Looks sic as and stuff is very durable!

Thanks for the info mate, got any photo you could share of it?

I can upload some tomorrow, just finished installing it Thursday evening. I’m out of town until tomorrow afternoon.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2019 at 23:01 Quote
And the creaking starts. Anyone really know if you can silence Press fit BB. It’s only been 3 weeks. When I got the the bike I installed upgraded cranks that I already owned. I followed all advisewith compound etc, still creaking now. 2nd bike in a row that creaks. It’s funny , I look forward to working on my sons threaded BB and wonder why the change from such a simply setup. Other than that ,love the bike. Took awhile to set up suspension but now climbs and descents amazing.

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 0:05 Quote
rivssss wrote:
And the creaking starts. Anyone really know if you can silence Press fit BB. It’s only been 3 weeks. When I got the the bike I installed upgraded cranks that I already owned. I followed all advisewith compound etc, still creaking now. 2nd bike in a row that creaks. It’s funny , I look forward to working on my sons threaded BB and wonder why the change from such a simply setup. Other than that ,love the bike. Took awhile to set up suspension but now climbs and descents amazing.

The change from threaded bb's to press-fit made it easier for the factories to manufacture, making it a faster and lower cost product, resulting in the case with YT, cheaper bikes.
Unfortunately they are pretty unreliable for the end user and I personally go through one every 4 months. Wet, slop doesn't help.

O+
Posted: May 19, 2019 at 4:41 Quote
rivssss wrote:

Are you 100% it’s the BB? Many times I have thought my BB was creaking only to discover it’s actually my crank cinch bolt or a dirty seat tube. It’s pretty common but everyone seems to jump immediately to BB when they hear a creak.

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 5:16 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
rivssss wrote:

Are you 100% it’s the BB? Many times I have thought my BB was creaking only to discover it’s actually my crank cinch bolt or a dirty seat tube. It’s pretty common but everyone seems to jump immediately to BB when they hear a creak.

Thats true, jeffsys also have a tendency to develop a creaky suspension main pivot among other things creak, shock bushings as well
So better take your time checking stuff

O+
Posted: May 19, 2019 at 6:06 Quote
adespotoskyli wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:
rivssss wrote:

Thats true, jeffsys also have a tendency to develop a creaky suspension main pivot among other things creak, shock bushings as well
So better take your time checking stuff
. It may be something other than BB and will start investigating. I let everyone know if I figure it out.

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 19:18 Quote
thebokchoi wrote:
Hey,

Does anyone know which Invisiframe finish would be better for the 2019 Jeffsy Pro Race in black? Matte or gloss?

cheers

Don’t know how to add the pics to a forum comment and copy paste isn’t working lol.

I added pics of my InvisiFRAME details to my profile. Check em out.
Hope it helps.

Cheers

O+
Posted: May 19, 2019 at 20:03 Quote
ytjodave wrote:
thebokchoi wrote:
Hey,

cheers

Don’t know how to add the pics to a forum comment and copy paste isn’t working lol.

I added pics of my InvisiFRAME details to my profile. Check em out.
Hope it helps.

Cheers

Thanks mate! Looks awesome!

I've just received my Invisiframe which I ordered but I got the Gloss... I think I might see if I can return it and swap it for the Matte.

Very much appreciate the insight buddy!

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 15:20 Quote
thebokchoi wrote:
ytjodave wrote:
thebokchoi wrote:
Hey,

cheers

I went with matte and couldn’t be happier. Looks sic as and stuff is very durable!

I installed mine I’ll post a pic

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 17:06 Quote
absoluteczech wrote:
thebokchoi wrote:
ytjodave wrote:

Here you go, i didnt apply it to the downtube yet

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

O+
Posted: May 22, 2019 at 20:08 Quote
absoluteczech wrote:
absoluteczech wrote:
thebokchoi wrote:

Here you go, i didnt apply it to the downtube yet

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Sick! That’s with the Matte finish?

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 6:42 Quote
Yup it’s the matte invisiframe kit

O+
Posted: May 23, 2019 at 10:30 Quote
Working man's "SLXTR" swapped the SLX bushing pulleys with XTR, what a huge difference a couple bucks makes! XTR chain and new E13 TRS+ aluminum cogs (33-39-46) going on this evening. It's been snowing on the central Front Range so haven't really been able to ride the last few days but just pedaling in the driveway and feeling the difference between bushings and bearings is incredible.
photo
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022399
Mobile Version of Website