Jeffsy 27.5 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 8:16 Quote
Speaking of suspension, I see some listings of super deluxe 230x60 from sc nomad on bay.
But those have bearings on bottom eyelet. Is it going to work for 2018 cf 27?
Anyone successfully installed this on Jeffsy?

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 8:58 Quote
Kinda glad I Bought the 2017 27 Jeffsy CF last week. Saved a huge amount of money compared to the new similar specd version

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 11:34 Quote
Hosemonkey143 wrote:
Kinda glad I Bought the 2017 27 Jeffsy CF last week. Saved a huge amount of money compared to the new similar specd version

True that! A big draw to YT has been value in terms of spec for $. They’ve lost a fair bit of that this year. Killer frames, but the value proposition definitely took a hit!

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 11:47 Quote
The Pro Race took a big hit in value this year.

Guide RSC - Guide RS
Fox Transfer - E13 dropper
XTR - GX Eagle
Next R carbon - GX/Turbine cranks
Next R carbon - Turbine bars
$500 increase (in Canada)

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 16:06 Quote
Biffard wrote:
Ninj4Bee wrote:
So who’s converted their 27.5 carbon jeffsys to coil shock?

I’ve got a 2017 pro race and seriously considering switching to dhx2 in the rear, would love to hear some long term reviews of anyone who’s tried it already?

I can’t seem to get the bike plush enough through the rough with my dpx2 at the moment. Also thinking of switching my 34s to 36s up front.

Thanks dudes!

I have been running a RS Super Deluxe Coil since last summer and definitely recommend going coil on this bike. Feels amazing and surprising still very playful/poppy!

Is that 60 or 65 stroke and what spring rate did you go for? How heavy are you and what kind of trails do you ride?

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 21:02 Quote
Went ahead and pulled the trigger on an AL base for my 12yo. Tried talking him into a Meta TR 27.5, but he wanted Jeffsy

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 3:45 Quote
Camstyn wrote:

Guide RSC - Guide RS
XTR - GX Eagle

Is this a Canadian spec? I just looked and in the US The Pro Race still has as good a spec (or better Renthal bars/stem) and it now has a Fox 36 on it. Looks like a pretty sick bike to me. Wish I had $5600 laying around.

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 6:23 Quote
Sptimmy43 wrote:
Camstyn wrote:

Guide RSC - Guide RS
XTR - GX Eagle

Is this a Canadian spec? I just looked and in the US The Pro Race still has as good a spec (or better Renthal bars/stem) and it now has a Fox 36 on it. Looks like a pretty sick bike to me. Wish I had $5600 laying around.

Thats the pro he’s talking about

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 6:55 Quote
I'm super pleased with the geometry of my 2018 AL. I got it for $2000 plus shipping. My first "decent" bike ever and first bike I'd bought in 10 years at least. So glad I chose what I did. I didn't go 29 because I felt the jump from 26 to 27.5 was probably enough since I hadn't ridden in years. Was just blown away at how well the bike climbed and shifted compared to anything I'd ever ridden (not much). The bike and all the great trails that have been built around us were certainly instrumental in getting completely addicted to the sport!

Since the purchase back in Sept I've added the following...bars, seat, bike yoke post, super deluxe RC3 used, MRP ribbon coil used, DHF/Aggressor tires. I really didn't research individual components when I bought the bike, wouldn't make any difference since you get what you get. Had I done that, lord know what I might have spent! At the same time my buddy (who has been riding a few years) ordered a new Gorilla Gravity Smash, he's 6'8" and the custom fit was paramount to his decision. For under $6k he got everything HE wanted on the bike and isn't upgrading anything. Aluminum frame yes, but for the price of the YT pro race you can get a custom bike with only the things YOU want vs taking what they hand you and playing the switcharoo game. Carbon for a lot of guys I guess is a big deal, it's just not for me. I really don't want to deal with the issues that MIGHT come with it sooner or later.

Point being, I'm not sure I'll ever order a complete new bike again UNLESS I can pick some of the key components or everything I want. The only things on my Jeffsy that NEEDED to be replaced were the ridiculous seat and that stupid e13 dropper that was way too tall for the frame. The other items have been experiments to make the bike more comfortable for my style of riding. That said, I now know what good suspension feels like and there's no turning back! Big Grin

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 10:09 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
Sptimmy43 wrote:
Camstyn wrote:

Guide RSC - Guide RS
XTR - GX Eagle

Yes thanks, I meant to say CF Pro.

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 11:08 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
Sptimmy43 wrote:

Yes thanks, I meant to say CF Pro.

It’s lame, the CF pro is basically last year’s CF. But more expensive. I bought a 2017 CF1 instead of CF pro mainly to avoid the fox suspension, so I approve of the pike being spec’d at that level. But when I bought my bike I’m pretty sure the CF pro was running an X01 Eagle setup, with guide RSC’s, carbon RF crankset, and carbon bars.

My CF1 came with basically the same setup as the new CF pro. The main exception being X1 11speed instead of GX eagle.

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 12:16 Quote
I bought my CF Pro Capra last year because of the high build spec for the price. If the 2018 build was like the 2019 I would have bought a Transition and supported my local shop instead for the same money and similar build. I wanted to last year but the YT’s build/value knocked it out of the park.

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 12:38 Quote
Funny Capra cf pro race $200 cheaper than Jeffsy cf pro race. Doesn’t make sense.

Posted: Jan 14, 2019 at 5:53 Quote
Thinking about getting a super deluxe coil for CF Pro. Does anyone who upgraded shocks from Rockshox to Fox have their old mounting hardware? I can get it online, but figured I’d ask here first.

And also, I have a brand new dpx2 for sale that came off 2018 CF Pro Race. Msg me if you’re interested. I’ll include the mounting hardware if you’re upgrading a Rockshox shock. Maybe we just swap hardware too.

Posted: Jan 14, 2019 at 5:59 Quote
And I have a brand new dps elite and fox 34 elite fork for sale as well. Basically bought a 2018 CF Pro and wanted to upgrade the rear shock and fork to get 160mm travel.

Haven’t ridden the bike yet due to weather and waiting for these upgrades.

Both fork and rear shock have zero miles on the mountain, just paved road miles from a few test rides after I put it together.

I went with a Cane Creek Helm up front and was thinking dpx2 for the rear, but heard good things about coils. Tried to get an elevensix from push but they don’t make a tune for the Jeffsy 27 yet. So the next best thing that will fit is the super deluxe.

Anyone else running either that can chime in with their experience. Thx

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012255
Mobile Version of Website