Riding in Newfoundland

PB Forum :: Canada - Atlantic
Riding in Newfoundland
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 16:40 Quote
Who on here rides in Newfoundland and where do you guys ride?

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
white hills in st. john's

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 16:31 Quote
what stuff does white hills have on it, any drops?, steep hills?, dirt jumps?

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 17:19 Quote
Looking for some spots to go this summer because I'm going to be in town a lot!

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 18:39 Quote
norcoID wrote:
what stuff does white hills have on it, any drops?, steep hills?, dirt jumps?

all of it ... its the best place in town , i can gaurentee it

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 11:22 Quote
Exactly where is it in town?

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 16:10 Quote
White Hills is in the far east end, down where Quidi Vidi Lake empties into the ocean. If you're coming in from out of town, basically take the outer ring highway until it ends... It's a smallish hill but there are lots of trails plus a few big hits and dirt jumps. Chris and the boys from Freeride have done an awesome job developing the area. The best description of the DH trails is steep and twisty with lots of roots and pointy rocks. Easily as challenging as any trails that I've seen anywhere else including BC and Quebec.

If you're looking for DJs, there are some around. I'm not familiar because I don't ride them.

There are also more all-mountain type trails around Kilbride in the Southside Hills and in the Shea Heights area.

Your best bet if you're coming in to town to ride is to check out the Freeride forums at www.freeridems.com . You should be able to connect with a few locals who'd be happy to show you the trails.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 12:32 Quote
I ride white hills downhill(rock machine loose teeth..) and kenmount hill and smallwood djs , and some mundy pond skate park.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 14:41 Quote
I'd say I'll be visiting Mundy Pond before too long.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 15:04 Quote
theres no indoor places are there?

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 12:39 Quote
no theres not yet , but there are supposed to be 2 built this year. There are groups on facebook for'em. And one of them are supposed to have a foam pit so i'd say next year there would be atleast one indoor skatepark built in mount pearl/st.johns.

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 12:54 Quote
zer0gravity wrote:
no theres not yet , but there are supposed to be 2 built this year. There are groups on facebook for'em. And one of them are supposed to have a foam pit so i'd say next year there would be atleast one indoor skatepark built in mount pearl/st.johns.

I'd definatly go there every day! That would be SICK!!

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 15:25 Quote
yea, count me in

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 18:51 Quote
zer0gravity wrote:

theres only one being built

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012832
Mobile Version of Website