Capra 29 Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Capra 29 Thread
Posted: Aug 7, 2023 at 18:59 Quote
Michael-co wrote:
amplaxoublis wrote:
Hello to everyone

It's wise to buy a YT Capra Core 3 nowdays? Or to look around for other brands and maybe for a bit more expensive?

Thanks!

I got the core 1. I’m pretty much just going to build it up with better and better parts until I have the perfect bike.
that’s what I’m doing! I have a dpx2 factory and the back and the mid stroke is perfect, great for jumps!

Posted: Aug 8, 2023 at 3:48 Quote
I was going to do a fox 38 with a float x.Thats kinda the same thing as the dpx2.

Posted: Aug 8, 2023 at 8:25 Quote
Michael-co wrote:
Ryanwarren47 wrote:
Michael-co wrote:
Would a float x2 be good? Heard they had a lot of problems though……

I wouldnt, Capras are one of the most progressive frames out there, they really shine best with coil shocks.

I’m just looking to make my bike more poppy. Which is why I went with the mx version. I also have a 2023 model if it makes any difference.

Thanks for the reply! I heard from a colleague that YT Capra arent easy/capable for pedaling like the say.. I dont know if this is true !

Posted: Aug 8, 2023 at 8:57 Quote
Michael-co wrote:
amplaxoublis wrote:
Hello to everyone

It's wise to buy a YT Capra Core 3 nowdays? Or to look around for other brands and maybe for a bit more expensive?

Thanks!

I got the core 1. I’m pretty much just going to build it up with better and better parts until I have the perfect bike.

Its nice to upgrade your bike little b y little to get the perfect since the frame is beast. Ι was looking to buy Core 3 but its unvailable..

Posted: Sep 6, 2023 at 23:20 Quote
Hello!

Can anyone tell me where the clicking sounds are coming from? Lubed the upper and lower main pivot and torqued it to spec. Headset is cleaned, relubed and tightened. I tried even different fork. Seatpost is cleaned and the noise is coming also if I remove it. This clicking sound is even when I pedal. So I cleaned whole drivetrain, now it's dead silent. Still the same clicking noise. It comes only when I push on the bike in angle or side load the bike. If I jump on the saddle it's ok. I suspect shock mount, but really don't know... I searched forum , find some posts about this problem, but without solution.. Any ideas?

Don't care about the annoying birds and barking dogs from neighbourhood in videos.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/G4XrO79huRQ

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/KPRT1EQEiJs

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ywxU0AiGUiY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LhQZHhV3e8

Posted: Sep 8, 2023 at 18:28 Quote
Sounds like a Headset click. What about removing the crank to see if it's the BB or COG?

I had issues with internal wires clapping against the frame... found the issue by removing all the wires.

Can you at the least locate the general area of the noise?

Posted: Sep 9, 2023 at 11:59 Quote
Headset is dead silent. It does this noise even if I remove all comments to bare frame. When I push to chainstay.. still clicking noise. I also tried a bit more torque to pivots.. still the same

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2023 at 7:28 Quote
Have you replaced the pivot bearings?

Posted: Sep 10, 2023 at 16:01 Quote
amplaxoublis wrote:
Michael-co wrote:
Ryanwarren47 wrote:

I wouldnt, Capras are one of the most progressive frames out there, they really shine best with coil shocks.

I’m just looking to make my bike more poppy. Which is why I went with the mx version. I also have a 2023 model if it makes any difference.

Thanks for the reply! I heard from a colleague that YT Capra arent easy/capable for pedaling
like the say.. I dont know if this is true !

It’s not that bad….just the nx drive train and the weight

Posted: Sep 15, 2023 at 15:07 Quote
Is Gx transmission worth it for the core 1?Like should I buy it?

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2023 at 11:58 Quote
I mean…. If you really want it, def stronger and shifting under load is cool. Normal og GX is totally fine though and far cheaper. E13 Helix R cassettes last longer than GX cassettes for the same money.

Posted: Nov 3, 2023 at 11:17 Quote
Looking to pickup my first enduro bike and thinking either the Capra uncaged 11 or uncaged 12. MX or 29er? Coil or traditional?
XL or XXL. I’m 6’3” 210 pounds intermediate downhiller. Coming from a 2018 29er Jeffsy.
Thoughts?

Posted: Nov 3, 2023 at 23:35 Quote
Defektboy wrote:
Looking to pickup my first enduro bike and thinking either the Capra uncaged 11 or uncaged 12. MX or 29er? Coil or traditional?
XL or XXL. I’m 6’3” 210 pounds intermediate downhiller. Coming from a 2018 29er Jeffsy.
Thoghts?

I'm 6,3 too... I would go XXL bit more stable/ room an XL for more snappy tighter cockpit feel like the old day for a tall rider. Ok build; uncaged 12 for sure more playful 29er all day if your tall an Air an then 35mm stem with some 37mm riser bars.

Posted: Dec 23, 2023 at 9:50 Quote
Recently swapped my MK2 to mullet buy swapping to the steep/ higher bb setting on the flip chip and installing a 27.5 rear wheel. I am liking the way the bike is riding. Has anyone done an updated geometry chart for the MK2 set up as mullet this way?

O+
Posted: Dec 23, 2023 at 9:53 Quote
I loved when I did that to my MK2 but found the BB to be quite low even in the high setting.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012157
Mobile Version of Website