Show Off Your YT

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Show Off Your YT
O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 15:40 Quote
Has anybody put a fox 36 with orange lowers on a red CF pro? if so, I would love to see a picture I keep flip flopping between orange or black lowers. haha

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 7:54 Quote
trothgeb wrote:
Has anybody put a fox 36 with orange lowers on a red CF pro? if so, I would love to see a picture I keep flip flopping between orange or black lowers. haha

Ask here and they should deliver - https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=138288

O+
Posted: Feb 29, 2020 at 8:13 Quote
asmtb wrote:
trothgeb wrote:

Ask here and they should deliver - https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=138288

Thanks

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 0:51 Quote
Lots of time for some solo spring rides

Been starting to eye up the current gen but man this thing still hoons.

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 6:12 Quote
photo
My 2019 Pro Race with an X2 and Prime 9 drivetrain Cool

Love this bike Big Grin

Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 6:53 Quote
Jooorgeee wrote:
photo

Love this bike Big Grin

How's the x2 on the 2019 compared to the dpx2? Been going back and forth on upgrading for a few months now. I almost pulled the trigger during black friday, but decided to go xt 12p instead.

Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 9:16 Quote
Jooorgeee wrote:
photo

Love this bike Big Grin

Very nice bike!! I ended up getting the all black one.

Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 11:27 Quote
serveace wrote:
How's the x2 on the 2019 compared to the dpx2? Been going back and forth on upgrading for a few months now. I almost pulled the trigger during black friday, but decided to go xt 12p instead.

Definitely go coil! this bike was destined to be ridden with a coil.. so much more composed and planted when going mach chicken down the trails. still able to pop off whatever i want and get good air time.

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 12:28 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
serveace wrote:

Definitely go coil! this bike was destined to be ridden with a coil.. so much more composed and planted when going mach chicken down the trails. still able to pop off whatever i want and get good air time.

Agreed. Cane Creek DB Coil CS changed the game for me. Amazing climb switch and smooth on the way down. The bike is too progressive for air shocks, especially at 200lbs plus.

Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 13:25 Quote
ryan83 wrote:
serveace wrote:

Agreed. Cane Creek DB Coil CS changed the game for me. Amazing climb switch and smooth on the way down. The bike is too progressive for air shocks, especially at 200lbs plus.

Cool. I'm geared up to ride around ~170lb, but I definitely feel the harshness of the dpx2. I waffle between x2 and a coil. Good to hear you don't lose the pop, as that's one of my concerns w/ coil. Are you running one of the progressive springs w/ the ccdb? Seems like that could be best of both worlds.

Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 14:14 Quote
serveace wrote:
ryan83 wrote:

Cool. I'm geared up to ride around ~170lb, but I definitely feel the harshness of the dpx2. I waffle between x2 and a coil. Good to hear you don't lose the pop, as that's one of my concerns w/ coil. Are you running one of the progressive springs w/ the ccdb? Seems like that could be best of both worlds.

You don’t need a progressive spring for the jeffsy. I’m running a Push 11/6 with proprietary coil and the bike still keeps its playful nature. I do notice the extra weight slightly but I also had to put on a beefier rear tire because I’m now able to bomb down gnarlier terrain that I previously had to take it slow on. Don’t waste your money on anything else

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 14:32 Quote
serveace wrote:
ryan83 wrote:

You don’t need a progressive spring for the jeffsy. I’m running a Push 11/6 with proprietary coil and the bike still keeps its playful nature. I do notice the extra weight slightly but I also had to put on a beefier rear tire because I’m now able to bomb down gnarlier terrain that I previously had to take it slow on. Don’t waste your money on anything else

The DPX2 was awful for me. I tried everything and was happy to get ride of it. I have a normal spring and love it. Hard to use all travel and our trails are pretty rough. Capra is made for a coil.

Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 14:33 Quote
serveace wrote:
ryan83 wrote:

Thanks, sounds like the best of both worlds. I'm not too concerned about weight. I'm not winning any races and I sweat out like 5-7lb of water per ride in the summer anyway!

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 19:21 Quote
serveace wrote:
serveace wrote:

Thanks, sounds like the best of both worlds. I'm not too concerned about weight. I'm not winning any races and I sweat out like 5-7lb of water per ride in the summer anyway!
Glad everyone fielded this before me; there's been a lot written on the subject already. I will say that really like the X2 and have zero complaints. I'm like 170lb fully kitted and the bike rides great. I run compression damping pretty high; the bike is "playful" and supportive in the corners.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015244
Mobile Version of Website