I crashed hard today, landed on my face, What full face helmet do you wear?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
I crashed hard today, landed on my face, What full face helmet do you wear?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 20:12 Quote
My regular ride -- a Trek Fuel 90 is having front fork issues, The Manitou Black 2002 , I'm trying to service it myself.

So I head out on my $300 Arrow Infinity with it's cheap Suntour XCTV2 fork.

The sun is shining, the birds sing in the forest.

I'm loving the nimbleness of the little 26" hardtail on the trail.

I say to it, "I bet you're tired of being my Run-down-to-the-pub-for-a-drink-and-don't-get-stolen-bike."

I have a ball running it through the forest. The day before I set up the cheap Shimano Alivio 3x8 group set to run properly and it shifts much better now.

I start to entertain thoughts like, "I should train on and wear out dirt cheap 8 speed chains and cassettes and save my good expensive 9/10/11/12 speed stuff!"

I ride down a small hill and decide to try a jump, Normally on my Trek Fuel 90 I'd have a dropper post and my Manitou Black fork, On this bike the suspension goes, "CLUNK!" and I end up face down in the dirt. I'm lucky I didn't break my skull. I think I gave myself a minor concussion.

I'm thinking I should start wearing a full face helmet.

FL
Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 22:22 Quote
I wear a Bell Super DH and it's great. Bought it right after I almost smashed my face to pieces at Coed Y Brenin in the UK.

FL
Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 22:35 Quote
Bought Bell Super DH and next day crashed on my face. I still have teeth

Posted: Jul 18, 2018 at 3:24 Quote
Fox Proframe (I need the ventilation because I live at the equator level)

Posted: Jul 18, 2018 at 11:39 Quote
Just bought a Bell Super DH too. It's the most comfy helmet I've owned, and seems solid with the chinbar on. So can use it for both regular rides and scary stuff where full face is necessary.

Posted: Jul 18, 2018 at 12:11 Quote
Nothing beats a Fox Proframe, lots of ventilation and super light yet still certified for downhill use

Posted: Jul 18, 2018 at 12:48 Quote
Next time try not to face plant, you sound like you took it for granted, just be carefull Smile

Posted: Jul 21, 2018 at 0:41 Quote
I acteaully use a interchangeable helmet the girl switchblade and I cannot praise it enough it ventilates great and it is downhill crash rated with or without the chinbar

Posted: Jul 21, 2018 at 2:16 Quote
x2 for the kali avatar (https://www.pinkbike.com/news/Kali-Avatar-II-Carbon-Helmet-Reviewed-2013.html its old, but I think only the graphics have changes), if you pedal a lot full faces are not real nice. A lot of it comes down to the shape of your head though, go try them on, helmets are like shoes in some ways, some brands will just make shapes that are more comfortable for your body. Also, some helmets have differing thickness pads in them, I have an L Avatar with thin pads in it to get a half-way in between size.

Posted: Jul 21, 2018 at 6:43 Quote
Bell Super 3R, Awesome helmet!

FL
Posted: Jul 22, 2018 at 9:48 Quote
Bell Super 3R - Done.

Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 12:33 Quote
I don't think you'll regret the purchase, super comfortable and having the ability to remove the chin bar when not needed is just awesome.

FL
Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 14:17 Quote
fox rampage carbon MIPS

Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 21:31 Quote
adespotoskyli wrote:
Next time try not to face plant, you sound like you took it for granted, just be carefull Smile

Yes, I did get cocky, Now I'm feeling woozy from the concussion.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011018
Mobile Version of Website