Muc off sealant???

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Muc off sealant???
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 21, 2018 at 3:54 Quote
Hi all

I need to change a tyre on my bike soon and will need to get some sealant. Ive seen the new sealant from the guys at muc off and it sounds pretty good but cant see any reviews anywhere for it yet.

Anyone tried it as yet?

Posted: Aug 11, 2018 at 5:19 Quote
A review has just gone up on MBR, while I don’t personally like mbr that much it is a decent review

Posted: Aug 12, 2018 at 17:55 Quote
I opted for caffe latex having seen bike radars review on sealants recently but have yet to find out just how good it should be.

Posted: Aug 12, 2018 at 18:02 Quote
Hoboinalambo wrote:
A review has just gone up on MBR, while I don’t personally like mbr that much it is a decent review

Is that the review, where Stans Racing sealant came out on top.?

Posted: Aug 12, 2018 at 18:06 Quote
It will no doubt be on youtube

Posted: Aug 12, 2018 at 18:16 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
It will no doubt be on youtube

The one I saw was on youtube. Don't recall if Muc off was tested. But they were adding sealant to the tires, then stabbing them with different size screw drivers, all the way up to 8 mm. None of the sealants sealed the 8 mm holes, but Stans Racing sealed the 6 mm holes the fastest, and held air pressure the longest.

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 6:52 Quote
That was bikeradar video I’m sure

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 13:33 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
That was bikeradar video I’m sure

Yup..

Posted: Aug 14, 2018 at 0:14 Quote
hi all, I've tried the muc off stealant now and it seems ok so far - tire sealed OK with it but no punctures as yet. I got the smaller pouch that can do 2 27.5" tires and it went in fine. Its pretty thick and a neon pink but thats to help spot it if there is a leak apparently

Posted: Aug 14, 2018 at 2:16 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
Hoboinalambo wrote:

Is that the review, where Stans Racing sealant came out on top.?
no it was an in mag feature/group test in which muc off won overall

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009150
Mobile Version of Website