Rock Shox Lyrik 2018 Damping noise

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Rock Shox Lyrik 2018 Damping noise
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 8:09 Quote
Hi there,anyone with a kind of noise in a 2018 Lyrik? mine makes swooch swooch ( :p )when it compresses and extends,is it normal? it works perfectly nonetheless although the noise it's a little bit annoying

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 9:58 Quote
Enduro43 wrote:
Hi there,anyone with a kind of noise in a 2018 Lyrik? mine makes swooch swooch ( :p )when it compresses and extends,is it normal? it works perfectly nonetheless although the noise it's a little bit annoying

Hi, I have one on my Capra AL and it makes the same noise. My friend has one as well and he convinced me it's normal. It's just the oil passing through little holes. You said that you hear the swooch when in compresses but now that I think about it mine only makes it when in extends. if it's new try to take it for a longer ride and see if anything changes afterwards. I have to mention that I am by no means an expert, barely an observer so if you want to be sure take it to a bike shop and have them give their opinion.

FL
Posted: Aug 14, 2018 at 1:03 Quote
My other half has a sektor fork on her bike and it does this when the rebound damping is at full turtle (discovered by accident as turned the dial the wrong way). Haven't noticed it on my 18 Lyrik but I run the rebound fast.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007622
Mobile Version of Website