Wheel upgrade suggestions

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Wheel upgrade suggestions
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 18, 2018 at 2:00 Quote
Hey everyone,
I'm considering selling my DH bike for an unrelated reason and just using my propain spindrift that was recently delivered to race DH and Enduro next year. If I do that then I would like the option of having 2 sets of wheels with me at race weekends. My bike came with Stans Flow Mk3 on propain hubs and although I haven't actually got out to ride my bike yet due to injury I hear good things about the flows. I'm thinking I would make those my spares though and am looking for a wheelset that can handle DH and Enduro for about the £500 mark.
Any suggestions?

Posted: Aug 18, 2018 at 2:08 Quote
JRA hubs, Stan’s Flow 32 hole, Sapim spokes -hanbuilt from justridingalong.

Posted: Aug 18, 2018 at 2:12 Quote
BarneyStinson wrote:
JRA hubs, Stan’s Flow 32 hole, Sapim spokes -hanbuilt from justridingalong.

Just had a look at their custom builds and they're the perfect price. I hadn't heard of JRA hubs before. Interesting. Thanks for the steer.

Posted: Aug 18, 2018 at 5:51 Quote
Anyone got any experience with dt swiss builds? I'm thinking 471 or 511, various places do them with the DT swiss 240 hubs or i9 hubs or pro 4 hubs. Also the nukeproof horizon wheelset looks very good value and their hub seems s step above pro 4's.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 18, 2018 at 15:58 Quote
toby9843 wrote:
Anyone got any experience with dt swiss builds? I'm thinking 471 or 511, various places do them with the DT swiss 240 hubs or i9 hubs or pro 4 hubs. Also the nukeproof horizon wheelset looks very good value and their hub seems s step above pro 4's.

Im running EX511 28h with Hope Pro 4 hubs and so far very happy! Ride mostly agressive all mountains, some bike park and some undulating stuff. Big upgrade in feel from my stock bontragers

Posted: Aug 18, 2018 at 19:07 Quote
cdmbmw wrote:
toby9843 wrote:

Im running EX511 28h with Hope Pro 4 hubs and so far very happy! Ride mostly agressive all mountains, some bike park and some undulating stuff. Big upgrade in feel from my stock bontragers

Same as above, not even the slightest wobble after a week in morzine - although I went 32h in the rear

Posted: Aug 20, 2018 at 6:31 Quote
I can highly recommend dt hubs, rims, and complete builds. I use their hubs exclusively on the wheelsets I build up, never had an issue. As far as their rims, I have a set of XM1501 that I have taken WAY outside of their recommended usage and they have never needed so much as a true. If you look around, you can find their XM and EX wheels at pretty huge discounts (got my last set for 600 shipped new).

Posted: Aug 20, 2018 at 7:58 Quote
EX 511's on 240s look good but are pushing the cost a little. Can get them on Pro 4 a little cheaper. Good suggestions.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027277
Mobile Version of Website