commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
O+ FL
Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 1:56 Quote
Looking into buying a clash... just can’t decide which one, I love the max build but I’m probably gonna be looking at 4K. I’m more of a fox fan but I’ve heard great things about the race model. Are the brakes on the essential models lacking at all? Thinking of going with that

Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 7:24 Quote
gbonen3215 wrote:
Looking into buying a clash... just can’t decide which one, I love the max build but I’m probably gonna be looking at 4K. I’m more of a fox fan but I’ve heard great things about the race model. Are the brakes on the essential models lacking at all? Thinking of going with that
Nope, the guide t is actually a really good brake.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 10:45 Quote
On the site it says it comes with SLX brakes though

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 18:14 Quote
gbonen3215 wrote:
On the site it says it comes with SLX brakes though

I ran slx on my enduro evo and they were super reliable but were a little lacking on the long steeps but they got the job done. I am debating between the essential and race versions too and the brakes would be one of the first things I upgraded

Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 18:18 Quote
Swap out the SLX rotors for the Shimano RT-76 180 mm for both ends. I did that on my SLX brakes, made a BIG difference.

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 at 3:28 Quote
FFWD 48secs, Man this thing is good.

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 at 18:50 Quote
Looking at getting an origin too, had anyone else seen the chain rub on seat stay issue?

Posted: Apr 10, 2019 at 3:32 Quote
No, but my meta trail came with a seat stay protector in rubber for mounting on the inside/downside of the drive side seat stay. Maybe the clash also has that.
Mine was not mounted, found it in the box with the small bits.

Posted: Apr 10, 2019 at 5:24 Quote
benm678 wrote:
Looking at getting an origin too, had anyone else seen the chain rub on seat stay issue?

Me.
I've removed the rubber and it doesn't touch the frame but its very close
photo

Posted: Apr 10, 2019 at 6:34 Quote
Might be worth getting some heli tape on there.

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2019 at 8:11 Quote
mxsled wrote:
benm678 wrote:

Me.
I've removed the rubber and it doesn't touch the frame but its very close
photo

So is this a common issue? Is it better or worse with different drivetrain options? This seems like a pretty big flaw on commencals part not to notice an issue like this. Was really considering this bike but this might be a deal breaker for me.

Posted: Apr 10, 2019 at 11:20 Quote
No, the chainstay protector works fine, but its the linkage you should be concerned about.

Posted: Apr 10, 2019 at 13:22 Quote
I will wrap a 3m tape around the area of the chain stay
Btw I've got a new wheelset on my clash
Ibis 742 carbon/i9 torch hub

photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2019 at 15:35 Quote
From what I can tell from other reviews and a little research, it seems like people who have problems with the chain rubbing the seat stay are running 11 speed drive trains. Haven’t read of anyone having this issue who run the 12 speed gx eagle. Not a lot of reviews out there though so correct me if I’m wrong.

Posted: Apr 10, 2019 at 17:37 Quote
[Quote="cheeverbrent"]From what I can tell from other reviews and a little research, it seems like people who have problems with the chain rubbing the seat stay are running 11 speed drive trains. Haven’t read of anyone having this issue who run the 12 speed gx eagle. Not a lot of reviews out there though so correct me if I’m wrong.[/Quote
As long as you leave the protector on, i havent noticed anything of concern.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025752
Mobile Version of Website