FL
Posted: Sep 6, 2018 at 11:05 Quote
Caroliccabossulica wrote:
Great vid man!!
Keep up the great work

thanks a lot Smile

Posted: Sep 6, 2018 at 14:57 Quote
Great job dude.
All in all it sounded way more professional and honest than most professional reviews on pinkbike, as you really tried to dissect what the bike is capable of and what could be improved upon.

Since you mentioned you always had experience with the 27.5 Supreme, may i ask how in your opinion it compares to the 29er? I´m a bit torn between the two as i´m not sure if there is much to be gained from the bigger wheels AND the high pivot design or if the high pivot is the main factor for the bike feeling so smooth.

FL
Posted: Sep 7, 2018 at 2:36 Quote
Hy Loki87!

I tried the 27.5 before but was not my own bike. Only did a few runs on it.

I think that the main factor for the bike to be so good on the rough stuff is the High pivot design. That was clear on the 27.5 also.
My first run on the bike was on a bikepark type trail and i was thinking to myself "nothing special here", but then i tried out in a real DH track with lots of rocks and roots and man, that thing is really impressive. Smooths out the trail a lot!

But again, i found that the rear end of the bike was very stiff and cornering is more dificult than a YT Tues or a Transition TR11 (My previous bike and my current bike)
The v4.2 DH is a pure racing bike and the more dificult and rough the terrain gets, the better the bike would be compared with other bikes on the market.

I think that this is the main aspect that you have to consider if your thinking about getting this bike.
The type of tracks you will ride and how serious you are about racing.

About the 29 vs 27.5 part:
first, consider how tall you are, how fit you are and how fast are the tracks your going to ride.

Hope it helped, any questions, just ask Smile

Posted: Sep 7, 2018 at 3:54 Quote
Thanks man that actually helps a lot as it is a real world perspective and not just some nonsense about how super capable the bike is.
I owned a high pivot bike before (Balfa BB7) back in the day so i know kinda what to expect from the design (even though shocks back then made any design feel terrible).
I like to go fast on rough tracks and was looking for something to go along with that, but at 1,80m i'm the same height as you and wasn't quite sure if the 29ers are still a bit much to muscle around for me. I'm not racing anymore, so am not looking for the fastes bike but was intrigued by the smoothness the 29ers may offer. But if the 27,5 still offers nearly the same i'm happy to go with that to keep things more playful and nimble.
Thanks buddy, i appreciate the thorough review!

Posted: Jan 5, 2019 at 5:12 Quote
Great review thanks for posting this.

You mentioned that you had a YT Tues previously to the TR11, how does the Tues compare to the TR11? Was it the last version of the Tues you had? ..YT recently updated the geo and ride characteristics of the Tues for 2018

Posted: Jan 5, 2019 at 7:17 Quote
trifecta wrote:
Great review thanks for posting this.

You mentioned that you had a YT Tues previously to the TR11, how does the Tues compare to the TR11? Was it the last version of the Tues you had (YT recently updated the geo and ride characteristics of the Tues for 201Cool ?

I second that question. Very interested in the comparison as well. Especially YT vs. Commencal.

FL
Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 5:56 Quote
luckly for you guys, i just bought a YT TUES Big Grin

in 2-3 weeks i will post a full review on the YT TUES vs TR11
Even do timed laps with the 2 of them back to back Wink

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 7:32 Quote
davidmcdias wrote:
luckly for you guys, i just bought a YT TUES Big Grin

in 2-3 weeks i will post a full review on the YT TUES vs TR11
Even do timed laps with the 2 of them back to back Wink

That would be awesome!! I’ve been looking to buy the Tues this week but I may hold off till you post this up. thanks!! Smile

FL
Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 7:47 Quote
I got the TUES in end of December when they made the "xmas sale" and took 25% the CF PRO!
Such a good deal, i could not resist Big Grin

Right now the bike is on its way to Portugal (bought it at 21st of december but was send to me only last Friday 11/Jan)
As soon as i have some feedback, i will let you guys know!

Cheers

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 11:17 Quote
davidmcdias wrote:
I got the TUES in end of December when they made the "xmas sale" and took 25% the CF PRO!

Right now the bike is on its way to Portugal (bought it at 21st of december but was send to me only last Friday 11/Jan)

Cheers

Very nice indeed. I was going to buy that model too, but at the time as was unsure of the performance elite kit. I’ve only ever had factory fox. A day or two after the sale ended I was informed the GRIP2 cartridge fits straight into that fork turning it into factory (just minus Kashima), the perfect safety net if didn’t getting on with the cartridge in them. Be interesting to find out how you rate the Performance Elite Float X2 aswell. Cheers.

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 12:10 Quote
trifecta wrote:
davidmcdias wrote:

Cheers

Very nice indeed. I was going to buy that model too, but at the time as was unsure of the performance elite kit. I’ve only ever had factory fox. A day or two after the sale ended I was informed the GRIP2 cartridge fits straight into that fork turning it into factory (just minus Kashima), the perfect safety net if didn’t getting on with the cartridge in them. Be interesting to find out how you rate the Performance Elite Float X2 aswell. Cheers.

The performance Elite suspension isn´t that good really.
Luckily, the X2 can also be converted to factory by simply ordering the necessary adjuster/port assembly from fox which is around 80-90€ each.

FL
Posted: Jan 31, 2019 at 10:22 Quote
YT TUES in the houseeeee, yeahhh!!!!!!! Big Grin

reviews and tests coming soon, subscribe to the channel guys!! cheers!!

Posted: Jan 31, 2019 at 12:25 Quote
that Tues looks really sweet in black and white Cool Been thinking about buying one or the other of these bikes, they are so close on geo in size L, but quite different in suspension design, very very interested to see what your going to say on ride characteristics..

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008159
Mobile Version of Website