Cube Reaction Pro. Any good for a beginner?

PB Forum :: Beginners
Cube Reaction Pro. Any good for a beginner?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 3, 2018 at 11:10 Quote
I'm never going to be a serious mountain biker, but I enjoy trails & general cycling & even a bit of bikepacking.

Saw the Cube Reaction Pro 2018 on sale for £849 with an extra £75 off if I trade in an old bike so basically £750 which seemed like pretty good value, however I know nothing about Cube as a brand and there's no substantial reviews anywhere (there's some just giving the details from the Cube press release basically!).

On paper it looks good but wonder if anyone has any experience of the brand or even this particular bike? Any help appreciated!

Posted: Oct 29, 2018 at 7:11 Quote
bikeandbivvy wrote:
I'm never going to be a serious mountain biker, but I enjoy trails & general cycling & even a bit of bikepacking.

Saw the Cube Reaction Pro 2018 on sale for £849 with an extra £75 off if I trade in an old bike so basically £750 which seemed like pretty good value, however I know nothing about Cube as a brand and there's no substantial reviews anywhere (there's some just giving the details from the Cube press release basically!).

On paper it looks good but wonder if anyone has any experience of the brand or even this particular bike? Any help appreciated!

If you plan on riding XC it's perfect but that doesn't mean it can't handle more. I've been riding an upgraded cube aim pro on enduro and freeride trails which is one of the cheapest XC bikes from cube.
I recommend the cube bikes but not their components like grips, bars, pedals etc. They are just to expensive and not worth it. As for the Reaction pro it's a nice bike and the components are capeable ( Rockshox Recon , XT drivetrain )

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008239
Mobile Version of Website