Powered by Outside

2019 GT sensor elite carbon

PB Forum :: GT
2019 GT sensor elite carbon
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 8, 2018 at 14:25 Quote
This bike seems like good value so what is wrong with it? The last thing I want is buyers remorse!
Also what size would be right for a 6 footer?
Options at the moment are the GT, a 2013 Tallboy CLT, an alloy canyon spectral or a stump jumper.
All the above options are about £2k ish, I mainly ride XC type trails with the odd smaller drop but no extreme downhill nonsense.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 14:31 Quote
2019 Sensor Sport owner here.

If you're looking for a trail bike that can climb well but still have enough travel for a chunky section, then I would say the GT sensor is your bike. It's got a 76.5 STA and lower than average stack height so it climbs amazingly well, but then a 65* HTA and 130 out back to blast through rough sections.

I think the Carbon Elite is a pretty good bang for buck, but the alloy version that's one notch below it isn't back either. Both frames are built stiff, and the linkage is setup in a way that you should run it with low sag (25% max). That makes the bike sound harsh, but it's actually a super enjoyable bike with positive feedback.

Overall, a great climber, loves flow, and can deal with gnar.

Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 13:25 Quote
Thanks for that, looking forward to see what upgrades you do on yours. They must be popular as they're sold out just now at the place with the best deal.

Posted: Dec 31, 2018 at 13:57 Quote
TrailFeatures wrote:
2019 Sensor Sport owner here.

If you're looking for a trail bike that can climb well but still have enough travel for a chunky section, then I would say the GT sensor is your bike. It's got a 76.5 STA and lower than average stack height so it climbs amazingly well, but then a 65* HTA and 130 out back to blast through rough sections.

I think the Carbon Elite is a pretty good bang for buck, but the alloy version that's one notch below it isn't back either. Both frames are built stiff, and the linkage is setup in a way that you should run it with low sag (10-15% max). That makes the bike sound harsh, but it's actually a super enjoyable bike with positive feedback.
Hey! You were on mo awesomes 29er live stream. Huh.
Overall, a great climber, loves flow, and can deal with gnar.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008440
Mobile Version of Website