Propain Spindrift or Yt Capra?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Propain Spindrift or Yt Capra?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 1:56 Quote
Looking to go to the dark side of enduro from riding Downhill. I know the Capra has good spec but I’ve had my eyes set on a spindrift 2019 for ages now and don’t know what to choose. I want to start racing enduro next season but like hitting hard downhill tracks and jumping. Just wondering what to get and if anyone has any experience riding one (if so what does it ride like)

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 5:23 Quote
harryfenwick15 wrote:
Looking to go to the dark side of enduro from riding Downhill. I know the Capra has good spec but I’ve had my eyes set on a spindrift 2019 for ages now and don’t know what to choose. I want to start racing enduro next season but like hitting hard downhill tracks and jumping. Just wondering what to get and if anyone has any experience riding one (if so what does it ride like)

Hey dude, there's a Propain owners page on here in the forum somewhere. Plenty of people on there with Spindrifts. I have one, I've had it about 3 months and it's pretty damn good for what it is. I took it to Fort William Scottish Enduro Series last weekend and it handled it well considering it's bigger than your average bike. Smashed the DH stuff though, I raced it at Hamsterly only a few weeks ago as well and it's mega.

Spec for the money is awesome and it climbs fireroads etc just fine. Not major issues. I'm moving from DH to Enduro myself and as I have plans to do an ews or two I'm probably gonna chop the spindrift and my DH bike in for something a bit more enduro friendly but if I was just doing the UK stuff, WGE etc, I'd stick with the Propain as it's a beast on the downs.

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 11:11 Quote
toby9843 wrote:
harryfenwick15 wrote:

Hey dude, there's a Propain owners page on here in the forum somewhere. Plenty of people on there with Spindrifts. I have one, I've had it about 3 months and it's pretty damn good for what it is. I took it to Fort William Scottish Enduro Series last weekend and it handled it well considering it's bigger than your average bike. Smashed the DH stuff though, I raced it at Hamsterly only a few weeks ago as well and it's mega.

Spec for the money is awesome and it climbs fireroads etc just fine. Not major issues. I'm moving from DH to Enduro myself and as I have plans to do an ews or two I'm probably gonna chop the spindrift and my DH bike in for something a bit more enduro friendly but if I was just doing the UK stuff, WGE etc, I'd stick with the Propain as it's a beast on the downs.

How well does it pedal up hill/in general?

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 11:31 Quote
harryfenwick15 wrote:
toby9843 wrote:
harryfenwick15 wrote:

It won't win any medals for climbing mate but mine weighs in about 14.7kg which given what it is, isn't bad. The suspension is good for climbing even in the open position which is handy because to lock it out you need to get off the bike. I've found the way the suspension works makes it quite responsive to pedalling anyway. For instance Stage 5 of the Fort William Scottish Enduro Series was the Top Chief track and there are a fair few punchy climbs on it that are quite techy, as long as I was looking ahead and had the right gear it was over them in no time. I've got my saddle quite far forward so it's a bit easier to pedal uphill. All in all mate I'm surprised how good it does go up. I was just out this afternoon and if I'm honest I was rethinking the need to sell up and get a more enduro specific bike, the spindrift actually ticks the boxes. I'm riding on Sunday and racing and enduro next weekend so will get more flat and uphill sections no doubt so I'll report back.

FL
Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 11:41 Quote
I have a Capra and it's awesome, beast on the descents and OK on the ups. To be honest though, asking on here you will just get biased views as everyone loves their own bike and think it's the best. All modern 'Enduro' bikes will handle whatever you throw at them and they all have pros and cons. Just go with the bike that draws you in and gets your juices flowing as you could spend months reading reviews trying to decide and eventually end up with the one you wanted in the first place. That's what I did, soon as the 2018 Capra was announced I knew I was having one so just bought it and never looked back.

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 11:45 Quote
Davec85 wrote:
I have a Capra and it's awesome, beast on the descents and OK on the ups. To be honest though, asking on here you will just get biased views as everyone loves their own bike and think it's the best. All modern 'Enduro' bikes will handle whatever you throw at them and they all have pros and cons. Just go with the bike draws you in and gets your juices flowing as you could spend months reading reviews trying to decide and eventually end up with the one you wanted in the first place. That's what I did, soon as the 2018 Capra was announced I knew I was having one so just bought it and never looked back.
Good Post mate, never a truer word spoken.

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 13:12 Quote
toby9843 wrote:
harryfenwick15 wrote:
toby9843 wrote:

It won't win any medals for climbing mate but mine weighs in about 14.7kg which given what it is, isn't bad. The suspension is good for climbing even in the open position which is handy because to lock it out you need to get off the bike. I've found the way the suspension works makes it quite responsive to pedalling anyway. For instance Stage 5 of the Fort William Scottish Enduro Series was the Top Chief track and there are a fair few punchy climbs on it that are quite techy, as long as I was looking ahead and had the right gear it was over them in no time. I've got my saddle quite far forward so it's a bit easier to pedal uphill. All in all mate I'm surprised how good it does go up. I was just out this afternoon and if I'm honest I was rethinking the need to sell up and get a more enduro specific bike, the spindrift actually ticks the boxes. I'm riding on Sunday and racing and enduro next weekend so will get more flat and uphill sections no doubt so I'll report back.

Yeh please do report back. I have no doubt it will destroy downhills just wanted to know if it was hard to pedal as I’m thinking of racing enduros in the future. Good luck for the race ????

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 13:14 Quote
Davec85 wrote:
I have a Capra and it's awesome, beast on the descents and OK on the ups. To be honest though, asking on here you will just get biased views as everyone loves their own bike and think it's the best. All modern 'Enduro' bikes will handle whatever you throw at them and they all have pros and cons. Just go with the bike that draws you in and gets your juices flowing as you could spend months reading reviews trying to decide and eventually end up with the one you wanted in the first place. That's what I did, soon as the 2018 Capra was announced I knew I was having one so just bought it and never looked back.
Yeh it’s the other way round, as soon as I saw the spindrift I’ve had my mind set on it and can’t look for another. I’ve tried to accept the Capra but I just can’t ???????? thank you for the reply and I shall let you all know my decision. Don’t know what it is just the propain looks like sun a nice back but so does the Capra both hard decisions

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 13:14 Quote
harryfenwick15 wrote:
toby9843 wrote:
harryfenwick15 wrote:

Yeh please do report back. I have no doubt it will destroy downhills just wanted to know if it was hard to pedal as I’m thinking of racing enduros in the future. Good luck for the race ????
*good luck for the race!!!!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016255
Mobile Version of Website