inverted forks!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
inverted forks!
Posted: May 8, 2013 at 11:12 Quote
jumpman2334 wrote:
did it say manitou on the case anywheres?

Found a manufacturer label & turns out it's a gun case... http://www.amazon.com/Plano-Single-Scoped-Double-Non-Scoped/dp/B000P431BG

Posted: May 8, 2013 at 11:27 Quote
they no longer come in a gun case just a normal cardboard box only the 2010/11 came with one

Posted: May 8, 2013 at 11:45 Quote
this is what they come like now
my new 2013 manitou dorado pro for my new build just have to wait for the new frame to turn up so i can get started i have always like the look of the dorado and from first impressions it is easily up there with fox rockshox

Posted: May 8, 2013 at 13:26 Quote
I've gotta say the USD fork I am really wanting to get my hands on is the new DVO emarald! I am currently running a shiver DC and love them!

Posted: May 8, 2013 at 13:26 Quote
aw bummer. that gun case was flippin awesome..

go to the gun range w/ your case, bust your gun case out and start acting like your dorados are a firearm. youll get some lookers in no time! Wink

Posted: May 8, 2013 at 13:29 Quote
Jester1826 wrote:
I've gotta say the USD fork I am really wanting to get my hands on is the new DVO emarald! I am currently running a shiver DC and love them!
it is going to be quite interesting. some people dont think they can pull it off. i was a skeptic too for a bit when i first heard about them, but since they added cedric to their team.. you know their stuff is going to be awesome.

the MSRP on the fork is going to be around 2100 bux though. a little too much for me... just kinda bummed cause i was told 2 months ago from someone at DVO that the MSRP was going to be in the ball park of the new 40.. (IIRC the new air 40 MSRP is $1700 or 1750)

Posted: May 8, 2013 at 13:41 Quote
blaing wrote:
they no longer come in a gun case just a normal cardboard box only the 2010/11 came with one
sherlock holmes: I wonder if he was sold 2010/2011 one's sold as 2013? If only the older ones came in a gun case?

Posted: May 8, 2013 at 13:59 Quote
must have as i have the 2013 ones and i know the 2012 ones never had the case either

Posted: May 8, 2013 at 14:06 Quote
my new Manitou Dorado Pro

my new fork... have not got it installed yet but soon hopefully.

Posted: May 8, 2013 at 14:50 Quote
jumpman2334 wrote:
Jester1826 wrote:
it is going to be quite interesting. some people dont think they can pull it off. i was a skeptic too for a bit when i first heard about them, but since they added cedric to their team.. you know their stuff is going to be awesome.

the MSRP on the fork is going to be around 2100 bux though. a little too much for me... just kinda bummed cause i was told 2 months ago from someone at DVO that the MSRP was going to be in the ball park of the new 40.. (IIRC the new air 40 MSRP is $1700 or 1750)

Yeah I have to admit when I first saw them being a new company, I was quite skeptic as to what they would be able to archive, but after looking into the company and the people, and as you say the added knowlage of cedric, they have come up with what looks to be one of the best forks made... on paper! I just hope it holds out to the public, and they can deliver!
I have seen a few vids of the fork in action and the low and high speed compression look quite impressive, the wheel seemed to be in constant contact with the ground, always a good sighn lol. As for the price I was quite disappointed! I don't think any fork should exceed the 2000 mark, that's why fox do so well! They offer a good product at a reasonable price, but it's like I said DVO is a new company and I hope this fork is as good, if not better than they make out because if it is it will be the making of them!....

Posted: May 8, 2013 at 16:26 Quote
yeah, making an inverted Dh fork for your first fork cant be easy.. esp since its inverted. that adds all sorts of other variables.

Posted: May 8, 2013 at 16:33 Quote
what's the difference between the dorado pro and the expert? is it just that the pro is lighter or is the damping different?

Posted: May 8, 2013 at 16:36 Quote
Jose-David-DH wrote:
what's the difference between the dorado pro and the expert? is it just that the pro is lighter or is the damping different?

There is good info on the differences here.. http://www.sicklines.com/2013/02/05/manitou-dorado-2013-expert-vs-pro-downhill-suspension-fork/

Posted: May 8, 2013 at 16:38 Quote
thanks man!

EDIT: Blank Stare +100g... everything else is the same, if i ever buy a dorado, it's gonna be an expert Razz

(different alu and more CNC on the pro... but i don't think a normal rider like me could feel the difference)

Posted: May 9, 2013 at 9:18 Quote
Jose-David-DH wrote:
but i don't think a normal rider like me could feel the difference)
most people dont/cant. the pro just gets a little more attention when its in the machining phase of production. dampening internals are the same for each fork.

really glad they did that and didnt shoot themselves in the foot by making two different forks with different internals.. hell, i have a hard time distinguishing all of the boxxer models apart!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017213
Mobile Version of Website