inverted forks!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
inverted forks!
Posted: Dec 13, 2013 at 9:25 Quote
SintraFreeride wrote:

Not retarded just like to keep the moto look!
i dont think you fully understand what the CTA does. you cant just start cutting into things to make it look how you want it.

i shouldnt be bothered by it, but i hate it when people talk about how 'moto' something in the mtb world is.. i went to school with all those moto tards (whom all lied about being on the factory team to be cool in front of their peers). i ride mtb to get away from those tards, not be next to them Smile

(last paragraph isnt directed towards you, just in general.)

Posted: Dec 13, 2013 at 10:30 Quote
jumpman2334 wrote:
SintraFreeride wrote:

i dont think you fully understand what the CTA does. you cant just start cutting into things to make it look how you want it.

i shouldnt be bothered by it, but i hate it when people talk about how 'moto' something in the mtb world is.. i went to school with all those moto tards (whom all lied about being on the factory team to be cool in front of their peers). i ride mtb to get away from those tards, not be next to them Smile

I wonder if this sentiment is the reason why every year downhill bikes start to look a little more like road bikes...

Posted: Dec 14, 2013 at 1:45 Quote
laynehip wrote:
jumpman2334 wrote:
SintraFreeride wrote:

I wonder if this sentiment is the reason why every year downhill bikes start to look a little more like road bikes...

You are in literally the worst position to comment on how bikes look.

Posted: Dec 14, 2013 at 14:38 Quote
Charge262 wrote:
laynehip wrote:
jumpman2334 wrote:

+1 Salute

Posted: Dec 14, 2013 at 15:47 Quote
Charge262 wrote:
laynehip wrote:
jumpman2334 wrote:

I will admit that my taste in bikes is quite different than everything that is currently being made.
There isn't a single new bicycle right now that I would want.
I see the tides changing soon though then everyone will pay!!!

Posted: Dec 15, 2013 at 5:07 Quote
Because you are stuck in 2002. Things have moved on for a reason. Nobody will ride bikes like yours again with good reason.

Posted: Dec 15, 2013 at 13:15 Quote
Charge262 wrote:
Because you are stuck in 2002. Things have moved on for a reason. Nobody will ride bikes like yours again with good reason.

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2013 at 11:28 Quote
jumpman2334 wrote:
SintraFreeride wrote:

I know what the CTA does and think it is a great idea. I did, however, message DVO a while back about the arch and they had initially thought about having different stiffnesses (is this a real word?) for different riders eg lighter can getaway with a more flexible arch. Which led me to think that perhaps you could run the fork sans arch.

I only know 2 people who have motocross bikes so can't comment on what moto people are like. I only look at moto to see what future technology might come out in mtb (suspension wise) and yeah I do like the look of motocross bikes.

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2013 at 11:36 Quote
I will admit that my taste in bikes is quite different than everything that is currently being made.
I see the tides changing soon though then everyone will pay!!![/Quote]

Nothing wrong with being stuck in 2002! This was my old school look from last year
Specialized Status frame with old school build 22 20.5in wheels Geometry HA 62.7 BBH 340mm WB 1210mm

The number of people that strike up a conversion with me because I have a shiver or a rear 24x3.0 would never have spoken to me had I been running a boxxer and 26in wheels...

Posted: Dec 16, 2013 at 14:43 Quote
SintraFreeride wrote:
I see the tides changing soon though then everyone will pay!!!

Nothing wrong with being stuck in 2002! This was my old school look from last year
Specialized Status frame with old school build 22 20.5in wheels Geometry HA 62.7 BBH 340mm WB 1210mm

The number of people that strike up a conversion with me because I have a shiver or a rear 24x3.0 would never have spoken to me had I been running a boxxer and 26in wheels...
[/Quote]

Damn!
That looks awesome!

Posted: Dec 16, 2013 at 14:55 Quote
If I was missing a leg, I'm sure a lot of people who stop to ask me what happened, doesn't mean I wish my leg was gone. Wink

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2013 at 10:05 Quote
sherbet wrote:
If I was missing a leg, I'm sure a lot of people who stop to ask me what happened, doesn't mean I wish my leg was gone. Wink

Dude! Not quite the same thing LOL!

Posted: Dec 17, 2013 at 11:52 Quote
No shit, it's also a joke. Hahah.

Posted: Dec 17, 2013 at 12:36 Quote
I still believe that bicycles may start to take a turn back towards more freeride oriented huck bikes.
First off, I see little specs of urban freeride with long-travel bikes becoming more and more popular. This I think is due partly to the popularity of urban downhill races but with recent videos like the one with Lopes, Chase and the other guy and the Jaws one that came out not too long ago.

Secondly I think it is foolish to think that Long-Travel bikes will continue to get lower, slacker and tires will get skinnier and skinnier and frames will get weaker and weaker, etc. Certainly long-travel bikes won’t hit a plateau and stay there for the next 20 years. Bottom brackets can only get so low, and somewhere along the way someone will start going the other way and we may see bottom brackets get higher, head angles get steeper and tires get wider.
As everyone gets older, more and more people will start to come into the sport, that were not around for the urban freeride/huck bike scene. It won’t be seen as a dead sector of the scene that they lived through and saw die a horrible (and some say well deserved) death. It will be something new, fresh and interesting.

A 2003, 55 pound Banshee Scream may seem ridiculous and low tech, but that is because it is! If you mention huck bikes, most people will complain about problems that most bikes suffered from 10-12 years ago. No company has came out with a huck bike utilizing 2013 bike technology and I think that is a real shame.
A 10” - 12” travel fork doesn’t need to be 13 pounds like the Super Monster T. A Kevlar, foldable 3.0” wide tire could be a ¼ of the weight of the Nokian Gazzas.

I think it is near sighted and foolish to think that long-travel bikes will always be low, slack, super light and focused around getting down the mountain with the shortest time on your stop watch.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016029
Mobile Version of Website