SB130 vs Transition Sentinel for all mountain bike?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
SB130 vs Transition Sentinel for all mountain bike?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 12:03 Quote
I am in the market for a new rig. My last bikes have been in the 26/27.5 160mm category and now I want something more fun to pedal uphill capable and for all day adventures and less focused on downhill dominance. I really want this bike to be a 29er and along with being capable of all day all mountain stuff it will be used at bike parks several days each summer since I live 30 minutes from one. I pretty much have settled on a Sentinel (I don't think the smuggler would suit me well with all the bike park stuff) since it seems like it would fit the bill and a buddy at an LBS will likely help me get a hook up. That being said I think the Yeti SB130 actually more closely fits what I am looking for, but no discount there on an already expensive bike. On paper it seems the Sentinel would best the yeti on descents but that doesn't really matter as much to me. Would the added climbing prowess of the yeti be worth paying full price for or will the difference be negligible?

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 12:06 Quote
Personally, I think the sentinel is the best bet. I haven't ridden the 130, and it may be more versatile than the sentinel but there's so much more bang for your buck with transition and I've had no issues using my sentinel on a variety of trails. Of course it's all relative and subjective. Yeti is just so damn expensive and I think you can spend less money on a bike that will work just fine.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009046
Mobile Version of Website