Looking for opinions... Basque Region or Madeira

PB Forum :: Europe
Looking for opinions... Basque Region or Madeira
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 12:26 Quote
Can anyone share their experiences for either of these places as a riding destination for this coming February. I'd be riding with either BasqueMTB or Freeride Madeia.

Thanks!

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 16:21 Quote
Murf250 wrote:
Can anyone share their experiences for either of these places as a riding destination for this coming February. I'd be riding with either BasqueMTB or Freeride Madeia.

For February, I would say you must go to Madeira. BasqueMTB operates in Spain, but mainly on Pyrinees and in february you will freeze there, snow will be everywhere and main trails will be impossible to do.

Madeira on the contrary will be perfect, around 15 degrees and shit tons of trails to choose from. There are several guiding companies working on the island and several options to rent bikes, so that's not a problem. I was one full week in Madeira and man I loved it. Definitely you should hire shuttles if you want to really discover the best trails, climbs are huge and you will have just enough time to maybe do 1 o 2 descents pedaling.

One more suggestion? Check out Malaga, Spain. I lived for 2 years there and February, and in general winter, is the perfect moment to ride there. Right now the full Canyon team is there in Mijas area, preparing for a new bike release. Pro-riders and teams often select the area for their pre-season trainings and preparations. Check EnduroMalagaMTB for guiding, hiring and in general preparing your trip, they offer really good packages.

If you need more help, just send me a message. Cheers!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008975
Mobile Version of Website