Help: new bike fever!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 19, 2018 at 8:02 Quote
Hi all, need help on deciding which bike to get ( I know there's some experience around here!)....looking at 27.5", 150-170mm.
I've been looking at Santa Cruz Bronson, Intense tracer, YT jeffsey, pivot firebird (29"), Canyon spectral.
If anyone has any input on these...pros and cons or any other help that would be great!

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 19, 2018 at 9:42 Quote
Why 29" firebird but 27.5" everything else? I would add the new Spartan 29" if 29" is an option, awesome bike.

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 at 13:52 Quote
Im in a similar situation and have narrowed it down to the canyon spectral and torque.

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 at 17:32 Quote
I can vouch for Jeffsy, absolutely in love with mine.

I considered Canyon Spectral too, would consider the new redesign this year even more; have seen a few in Moab and they are legit.

SC just doesn’t do it for me; except maybe a 5010 as a trail bike. Bronson just seems to lack personality IMO.

Tracers are good, but you get more bike for the $$ with YT or Canyon.

Pivot is the dream bike for many. Never met Anyone who owns a firebird who doesn’t gush about it; and how they’ve cant manage to find the limit of what it can do. But lord are they pricy.

Posted: Dec 20, 2018 at 6:19 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Why 29" firebird but 27.5" everything else? I would add the new Spartan 29" if 29" is an option, awesome bike.
The firebird is my exception to 29" plus can be 27.5+ also the pivot Mach 6 I meant to add

Posted: Dec 20, 2018 at 6:25 Quote
I'm leaning towards the YT CF pro race it has everything I want on it but they are sold out until February....so I wait or go with something different ????????. I agree with Bronson lacking a bit of character but I've heard nothing but good things. The intense seems like a nice one also but no where here to demo.

Posted: Dec 20, 2018 at 7:05 Quote
Look at the giant reign carbons. Those are great bikes and are so fun to ride

Posted: Dec 20, 2018 at 10:29 Quote
Scooter584 wrote:
I'm leaning towards the YT CF pro race it has everything I want on it but they are sold out until February....so I wait or go with something different ????????. I agree with Bronson lacking a bit of character but I've heard nothing but good things. The intense seems like a nice one also but no where here to demo.

Keep an eye out on YT’s site though, stock gets updated. What might be sold out till Feb now, may be suddenly in stock in a few weeks.

Also, look at A nearby countries YT site. If they have stock, you can often buy it from them and get them to ship it down to you. That’s what I did with mine (got it shipped to me in the US from YT Canada).

Posted: Dec 20, 2018 at 15:10 Quote
The only bike I've ridden out of those is the Bronson. I wouldn't recommend it. For me, it felt pretty boring and incredibly unstable on rocky descents. Climbing wasn't bad though. I've never been impressed with any SC bikes (HT and HT LT) except for the 2018 Nomad, which is the best 27.5 bike I've ridden to date!

Posted: Dec 21, 2018 at 1:39 Quote
Will022505 wrote:
Look at the giant reign carbons. Those are great bikes and are so fun to ride
Try to demo some of the options mentioned, can make your decision much easier. Reign can be price/performance winner.

Posted: Dec 28, 2018 at 9:07 Quote
So I settled it! Got the YT Jeffsy cf pro 27.5 on the way I'm pumped!!

O+
Posted: Dec 30, 2018 at 5:20 Quote
Scooter584 wrote:
So I settled it! Got the YT Jeffsy cf pro 27.5 on the way I'm pumped!!

Great choice. I got my first YT last year and haven’t looked back. Awesome bike, best value on the planet.

Posted: Jan 5, 2019 at 15:15 Quote
ulissesportela wrote:
good choice

Not sure why you quoted me, and then took it down. Maybe because the OP bought something and you realized your rant was pointless?

Nobody was encouraging anyone not to demo things, people were just giving their opinions on bikes in the list the OP wrote, which is exactly what was asked for.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014209
Mobile Version of Website