Brakes for enduro/long descents

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Brakes for enduro/long descents
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 14:02 Quote
Want to upgrade cheap brakes on remedy 8 the not even deore shimano got 180 and 203 ice tech rotors are slx enough or do I save more for zees thanks guys

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 15:18 Quote
I'm on a set of Sram Code R that came stock on my Patrol.

Loving these brakes. Had some Magura MT5's before and some SLX's before the maguras.

The Codes are the best ones I tried. And the SLX's the worst... by a mile! No modulation at all.

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 16:02 Quote
chrisremedy8 wrote:
Want to upgrade cheap brakes on remedy 8 the not even deore shimano got 180 and 203 ice tech rotors are slx enough or do I save more for zees thanks guys

get Shimano saints, have them on my Kona Process 152, awesome power, modulation is in the fingers!

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 3:42 Quote
chrisremedy8 wrote:
Go Saint or M8020 way, they are 4-pot brakes. Rotors are fine.

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 5:47 Quote
Thanks going to go 4pot spoke to a mechanic before seems zees are just a saint caliper just the lever just doesn't have the bite adjuster which ever one seems to say doesn't work and they don't suffer from the wandering bite point of the m8020 can get the zees on sale for 98 a brake at the moment so not sure the saints are worth the extra 80 what do u think ????

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 6:55 Quote
I recently upgraded my DJ to Magura MT Trail Sports for less than $300. Incredible lever feel, stopping power, and modulation. Much preferred to Shimano SLX-XTR, or Sram Guides!

FL
Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 7:02 Quote
I run code R on my full suss and Zee's on my hardtail. Both great breaks, can't go wrong with either and both are reasonably priced.

I had Saints on my old bike and don't notice any difference to the Zee's. Go with the Zee's, they are awesome brakes.

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 9:32 Quote
Nice one dave going to go with zees always like shimano easy to bleed and maintain plus got bleed kit and loads of mineral oil not even going to mess about fitting them as local trek shop have said 225 for front and rear fitted saves me fiddling with the internal routing and cable cutting ????

FL
Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 10:04 Quote
chrisremedy8 wrote:
Nice one dave going to go with zees always like shimano easy to bleed and maintain plus got bleed kit and loads of mineral oil not even going to mess about fitting them as local trek shop have said 225 for front and rear fitted saves me fiddling with the internal routing and cable cutting ????

225 just for fitting, or total price for brakes plus fitting? If just for fitting that's a bit of a rip off as it's a simple process.

Yeah they are awesome brakes, I think I prefer them to the codes, but not enough to swap them over but I might do at some point (Codes came stock on the full suss). They are equally powerful, but I think I prefer the feel of Shimano over SRAM.

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 11:42 Quote
Yeah that's what I like shimano bite it's 225 total for brakes and fitting have found brakes at evens now at 200 but think it's worth the extra 25 for not having to cut hoses internal route then bleed or am I just being lazy

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 at 9:56 Quote
I run zees on my patrol and ride trestle bike bark and big colorado mountains regularly. Great brakes easy to bleed plenty of power and great price. Cant go wrong there.

FL
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 1:19 Quote
chrisremedy8 wrote:
Yeah that's what I like shimano bite it's 225 total for brakes and fitting have found brakes at evens now at 200 but think it's worth the extra 25 for not having to cut hoses internal route then bleed or am I just being lazy

Yeah totally go for the 225 fitted, saves you the hassle.

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 3:13 Quote
Just installed shimano mt520 calipers, that's by far the cheapest option on 4 pots you've got.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 12:14 Quote
Thanks for all the advice guys bikes in shop should be back tomorrow night with zee brakes and 180r 203f ice tech rotors never worry about stopping again

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 12:20 Quote
Same setup I run. You'll be dialed with that setup!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013581
Mobile Version of Website