Visiting NJ and NY

PB Forum :: USA - East
Visiting NJ and NY
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 10:58 Quote
I grew up in the middle of Connecticut, so not too far away, but too far to recommend trails up there unless you're looking for a 2-ish hour drive though some of the trail networks are worth the trip.

Anyways, I recommend riding Blue Mountain Reserve in Peekskill, NY as a relatively close option. Really technical, challenging and fun. And fairly easy to get around as it isn't huge. But I'll admit that it's been over 10 years since I've been there. Much of the trails were on open rock so I doubt it's changed too much!
https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/888036/blue-mountain-reserve

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 5:01 Quote
AndrewFleming wrote:
I grew up in the middle of Connecticut, so not too far away, but too far to recommend trails up there unless you're looking for a 2-ish hour drive though some of the trail networks are worth the trip.

Anyways, I recommend riding Blue Mountain Reserve in Peekskill, NY as a relatively close option. Really technical, challenging and fun. And fairly easy to get around as it isn't huge. But I'll admit that it's been over 10 years since I've been there. Much of the trails were on open rock so I doubt it's changed too much!
https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/888036/blue-mountain-reserve

Great, I think I’ve gathered all the information I need. Thanks.

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 5:06 Quote
proxient wrote:
Sprain and Graham are both great, Sprain is more tech, while Graham is easier to do laps, as all the trails meet at the top, so you can just cruise up yellow, then have your pick of a number of descents.

My recommendation is to go to both.

Cool! I might just do that

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 7:20 Quote
Don't know if anyone has said it yet (since there are so many messages) but Allaire State park is a good one. If you find your way to the pit there are some fun jumps, all of the other trails are great too, features here and there and all available on the Trailforks app.

Posted: May 8, 2023 at 19:50 Quote
So I'm back in NJ for two weeks. I have my bike with me this time around. Planning to cross over on the bike to hit Sprain and Graham, hopefully. It's going to be quite a ride. Hit me up if anyone wants to tag along.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013517
Mobile Version of Website