Can you mount a back disk brake on the “inspired element”?

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Can you mount a back disk brake on the “inspired element”?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 12:56 Quote
I’ve been thinking about getting a street trials bike. And after some research I’ve decided that the inspired element would be good for me. But it comes stock with a rim brake (which isn’t bad) and later if I want to upgrade to some really nice disks (ex. Magura, Saint etc)

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 15:23 Quote
I bought an older hex with maguras a couple years ago. I thought I'd miss disc brakes, but not so. I try a lot more stuff because I am not paranoid about bending the disc. Softer compound pads, a nice grind, and maybe a booster are the ticket to unparalleled stopping power.

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 7:42 Quote
Depending on which year / version of the Element you either can or you can't. If it has a disc mount, then you can. If it doesn't, then you can't. The element was replaced by the "Flow", so I'm assuming you're looking at a used bike?

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 9:58 Quote
cwtrials wrote:
Depending on which year / version of the Element you either can or you can't. If it has a disc mount, then you can. If it doesn't, then you can't. The element was replaced by the "Flow", so I'm assuming you're looking at a used bike?
Sweet thanks! yeah it was used, but I'm taking a closer look at the "flow"

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010508
Mobile Version of Website