Powered by Outside

2019 Giant fathom 2 or 2019 Trek roscoe 7

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2019 Giant fathom 2 or 2019 Trek roscoe 7

Author Message
Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 19:37 Quote
I’ve been mountain biking since I was around 13 I’m now 19 years old and I’ve decided it’s time to upgrade to a better bike to help me get to the next level. I would not consider myself a beginner but I wouldn’t consider myself an advanced rider. I ride a lot at Rays MTB in Cleveland Ohio and I ride a lot of trails in the summer time. My budget is around $1,000 but nothing above $1,300. Right now I have the giant fathom 2 and the roscoe 7 (both 2019 models) in mind but I’m having a hard time deciding and would like some input from others. Thank you!

Posted: Feb 22, 2019 at 11:47 Quote
Brendyn32 wrote:
I’ve been mountain biking since I was around 13 I’m now 19 years old and I’ve decided it’s time to upgrade to a better bike to help me get to the next level. I would not consider myself a beginner but I wouldn’t consider myself an advanced rider. I ride a lot at Rays MTB in Cleveland Ohio and I ride a lot of trails in the summer time. My budget is around $1,000 but nothing above $1,300. Right now I have the giant fathom 2 and the roscoe 7 (both 2019 models) in mind but I’m having a hard time deciding and would like some input from others. Thank you!

My vote is for the Fathom 2. I think it is better geometry for all around performance, the suntour fork is actually better than the Rock Shox "coil" fork that Trek is giving you (seriously Trek?). To top it off both have 1x10 drive trains. However, to upgrade the Treks drive train you will need to add a new front chain ring to support the 1x11 or 1x12 chain. The fathom 2's praxis front crank has a chain ring that is compatible for 10,11, and 12x drive trains so that is one major component you dont have to buy.

Posted: Feb 22, 2019 at 12:43 Quote
Also the rosco has boost qr so it upgrading wheels would be next to impossible

  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006675
Mobile Version of Website