Powered by Outside

Fox SLS spring weights

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
Fox SLS spring weights

Author Message
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 13:45 Quote
Since I haven't seen much information on the subject I figured I'd share. I swapped a 3.24 stroke standard Fox coil for a 3.00 stroke SLS coil. Both are 300 lb/in. (Shock is the standard 9.5x3 downhill size)

Weights:
Standard: 515g
SLS: 254g
Difference: 261g

I'm not making any judgements on whether or not the product is good value, just wanted to put this out there if anyone is curious about the potential weight savings. I could post scale pictures if anyone wants proof, but I'm too lazy to figure out how to do that now.

Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 7:37 Quote
a 525 x 3.00 SLS spring just arrived, I'm shocked it weighs 409gms!!

While I'm here, an SLS 4.50 x 67mm weighs 320gms

For comparison a regular Fox spring 500x 2.8 weighs 471 gms


 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006389
Mobile Version of Website