How to make a rear fender??.Need advice

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
How to make a rear fender??.Need advice
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 13:36 Quote
I'm planning to make a own rear fender soon but i'm new into this,the rear fender is going onto a Trek Session 10.I was thinking to do it as cheap as possible so what materials are cheap and strong and easy to use? If was thinking about to use some hard plastic or making a fender out off a plastic bottle,if you guy's have other good idea's post themSmile .

Thanks

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 13:43 Quote
why not just buy one?

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 13:44 Quote
ktmrider360 wrote:
why not just buy one?
cheers

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 13:53 Quote
buy a cheap fender, use zip ties and bend some coat hanger or spokes to stabilize/attach the fender thats what ive been doing for my suspension bikes.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 14:19 Quote
zip tie a cut up milk jug, and post a pic, home made shit is hilarious, and its even better if itt works. Or go crazy and pop rivet some old cans together. I don't know if any of this stuff would work, I am just looking at my recycling bin. I have seen a home made fender, made from a scrap of wood .. but the bike had drop bars turned upside down too. I have see an old crazy carpet zip tied to the rear stays covering the wheel, but it was supported by a touring rack. good luck man.

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 17:25 Quote
I made a front splash guard from Krazy karpet and it worked perfectly. I also made a wider sleeve for my exsisting rear fender for my fat bike from the same material. So ghetto Wink

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 21:58 Quote
man, last post was made at 2008 year Big Grin

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009179
Mobile Version of Website