Metal or Plastic pedals on your DJ?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Metal or Plastic pedals on your DJ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 7:42 Quote
Hey folks. I've done a bit of digging around but seen no recent posts on this. I'm curious to what pedals people are riding on their dirt jumpers and why. I currently have a set of Shimano Saint PDXM80 pedals on mine, but have been looking at composite pedals (like Raceface Chester) to save some weight. In my experience the ones with metal pins don't have any less grip. So, what do you ride and why?

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 8:24 Quote
Dartmoor candy pro.- super light and cheap

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 14:43 Quote
I ride plastic with metal pins most of time. I do this because I get the metal grip and there are more color options with plastic. Also the plastic petals often look better to me with more of a solid look.

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 15:53 Quote
Deity T-Macs and DMR Vaults are my go to flats. As back ups I have a few sets of VP Harriers. Because all have mega grip and are the largest pedals, I have size 12 feet.

My two fav Flat Pedals T-Macs Vaults

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 21:50 Quote
I have One Up composites on mine. After trying several aluminum pedals on my XC and Enduro bikes, I bought a set of the One Up because they are cheap to throw on an old beater bike. I ended up liking them so much that I switched my other bikes over, including the DJ.

Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 11:44 Quote
Stolen Thermalite..

Super grippy, no metal pins, cheap AF.. did I mention super grippy?

Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 12:33 Quote
i like the premium super slim plastic pedals. i even use it on my trail bike.

Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 16:09 Quote
Thanks for the replies everyone, I hadn't heard of some of these pedals. I had already ordered a cheap set of DMR V6's when I started this thread. Rode them once and they are grippy AF. They are actually WAY more grippy than my previously mentioned Shimano Saint PDMX80's. They are not serviceable though, so I don't anticipate them lasting too long. At $18, that's fine with me. I think I am now a believer in cheap plastic pedals, but will give these some time.

Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 17:21 Quote
man-wolf wrote:
Thanks for the replies everyone, I hadn't heard of some of these pedals. I had already ordered a cheap set of DMR V6's when I started this thread. Rode them once and they are grippy AF. They are actually WAY more grippy than my previously mentioned Shimano Saint PDMX80's. They are not serviceable though, so I don't anticipate them lasting too long. At $18, that's fine with me. I think I am now a believer in cheap plastic pedals, but will give these some time.

Not trying to shoot down cheap pedal love...but...just don’t ever try the ones we’ve listed above! You’ll never go back..there’s good, there’s great. Great unfortunately cost some bills. Also sucks if you have bigger feet as most pedals are smaller. A lot more options with smaller feet!

Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 18:13 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
man-wolf wrote:

Not trying to shoot down cheap pedal love...but...just don’t ever try the ones we’ve listed above! You’ll never go back..there’s is good, there’s great. Great unfortunately cost some bills. Also sucks if you have bigger feet as most pedals are smaller. A lot more options with smaller feet!

My size 11s say the Thermalites are just fine and plenty big even for your clown shoes.. lol

Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 19:23 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
man-wolf wrote:

Not trying to shoot down cheap pedal love...but...just don’t ever try the ones we’ve listed above! You’ll never go back..there’s is good, there’s great. Great unfortunately cost some bills. Also sucks if you have bigger feet as most pedals are smaller. A lot more options with smaller feet!

Well...I guess if I buy some expensive ones and don't like them on my DJ, they can always go on another one of my bikes right? Seems like a logical expense to me Big Grin

Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 19:25 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
bikebike69 wrote:
man-wolf wrote:

My size 11s say the Thermalites are just fine and plenty big even for your clown shoes.. lol

Yeah, I'm a 9.5/10 shoe size and have never had issues with platform size of any of mine. Honestly these cheapo DMR's are the perfect size for me and crazy grippy, not to mention light. But I don't think they are a good long term solution. Might have to hit some LBS's and see who will let me do some grip tests...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013592
Mobile Version of Website