2017 remedy full floater too linear so....Megneg?

PB Forum :: Trek
2017 remedy full floater too linear so....Megneg?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 6, 2019 at 12:21 Quote
hey fellas,

so i follow mtb telly on you tube ( highly recommended, clued up joker ) and he used to have the full floater remedy but since recently did a video on the new remedy with fix shock mount and was saying how much more progressive it is and not needing to load the shock up with tokens like on the full floater remedy's and i was thinking as i do not have the cash to go buy a new remedy nor see any other huge benefits for upgrading.

So im thinking about the megneg that rockshox just released as apparently it helps out the linear suspension curve frames , has anyone tried one or thinking about it ?

my set up i'm running nawg dog and think 2 regular tokens have room for only one more token and 190psi and i'm 74kg
i feel i need the higher pressure just so i can hold speed maybe like it doesn't have enough mid support?

mtb telly review on new remedy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIpLsJrrM-k

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 17:44 Quote
buttmonkey5000 wrote:
hey fellas,

so i follow mtb telly on you tube ( highly recommended, clued up joker ) and he used to have the full floater remedy but since recently did a video on the new remedy with fix shock mount and was saying how much more progressive it is and not needing to load the shock up with tokens like on the full floater remedy's and i was thinking as i do not have the cash to go buy a new remedy nor see any other huge benefits for upgrading.

So im thinking about the megneg that rockshox just released as apparently it helps out the linear suspension curve frames , has anyone tried one or thinking about it ?

my set up i'm running nawg dog and think 2 regular tokens have room for only one more token and 190psi and i'm 74kg
i feel i need the higher pressure just so i can hold speed maybe like it doesn't have enough mid support?

mtb telly review on new remedy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIpLsJrrM-k

hey mate, ive got the slash and cant fit any more tokens and looks like i have the same problem, ive got a meg neg air can on the way and can report back one i install it.

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 14:09 Quote
I ended up buying one also, I'll test it out today report back.

I've also just purchased a rockshox super deluxe rct 230x60mm going to try either take the travel limiter bump stop out of my reactiv trek shock or just make up my own to limit the travel from 60mm to 57.5mm also the Tune on the treks from what I can tell is medium damping and medium compression. This shock is that also think its off a nomad.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 11:55 Quote
so after the first ride, theirs more mid support for sure feels really good but.....still bottoming out have one gnar dog token installed and 190psi and 17mm sag which is 30% on the 57.5 stroke.

guess the full floater shock mount design is way too linear and no wonder they are scrubbing it altogether.

next step making this super deluxe rct from this nomad fit, as it has a compression adjust so that will help my bottom out resistance i guess.

O+
Posted: May 26, 2019 at 12:22 Quote
At least I'm not the only one that hates my 2017 remedy shock haha. I was thinking of putting an X2 in mine, but I might just get rid of the bike all together.

Im curious how heavy you guys are. At 200 LBS, I cant get mine to perform well at all.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 21:37 Quote
So interesting talking with a suspension technician on the phone and he was saying the reactiv is great for pedalling, buts it's a two way valve or some such and once it opens up the other passage after reactiv pedalling platform has done its thing to then use the rest of the shock it just booms threw the travel with little to no mid stroke support or bottom out resistance.

he also thinks the 230x60 shock I got off the nomad will just bolt straight on with little modification which is promising. Watch this space

I'm 75kg geared up having to run 1xgnar dog token and 1 normal token with 200psi on my reactiv shock to stop bottoming hard the Meg neg helped with mid support but still bottoms.Still ran 190 200 psi with Meg neg and one gnar dog token

So it's looking like the reactiv is just plain no good, I like the pedalling platform but they need to work in the mid stroke for sure.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 17:51 Quote
buttmonkey5000 wrote:
so after the first ride, theirs more mid support for sure feels really good but.....still bottoming out have one gnar dog token installed and 190psi and 17mm sag which is 30% on the 57.5 stroke.

guess the full floater shock mount design is way too linear and no wonder they are scrubbing it altogether.

next step making this super deluxe rct from this nomad fit, as it has a compression adjust so that will help my bottom out resistance i guess.

i figured out what was making me bottom out on my shock, the ifp was at 70psi instead of 250psi, to pressurise it, unscrew th cap on the piggy back and pump it up with the shock pump, the trek service guide said that air is fine instead of nitrogen. check your manual though. the ifp provides pressure onto the oil in compression and gives much better bottom out resistance, once i pumped mine up it felt like bumps where converted to speed.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 19:53 Quote
Hey Richard I would do excually that but I don't have the piggy back on my shock it's just plain stand alone. Yours will be the thru shaft shock with the extra little cylinder on the shock also? Maybe they introduced the piggy back to sort the issue I'm currently having with blowing through the mid stroke and bottoming, would kinda make sense.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 22:48 Quote
buttmonkey5000 wrote:
Hey Richard I would do excually that but I don't have the piggy back on my shock it's just plain stand alone. Yours will be the thru shaft shock with the extra little cylinder on the shock also? Maybe they introduced the piggy back to sort the issue I'm currently having with blowing through the mid stroke and bottoming, would kinda make sense.

yep... mine has the piggy back, look into the service manual to find a damper service as deflating the ifp is a manatory part of the service.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 23:26 Quote
BrianRichards wrote:
buttmonkey5000 wrote:

yep... mine has the piggy back, look into the service manual to find a damper service as deflating the ifp is a manatory part of the service.

Yeah but I don't have an ifp shock at all. I'll fit the super deluxe off the nomad when I get it that should slove my issues. Watch this space

Posted: Jun 2, 2019 at 2:16 Quote
OK so all shocks have ifps learning as I go.... Deluxe and super deluxe just do it differently

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 6:41 Quote
I have the same bike with the same stock shock and am thinking of upgrading. Any update?

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 23:14 Quote
I'll update on this forum seems more active. Still waiting on the ifp adapter then I'll get into it. Hopefully next couple weeks

https://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/trek-reactiv-donor-super-deluxe-project-1104317.html

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 6:32 Quote
First ride on the megneg yesterday. I have 3 bands inside the negative chamber and I can’t bottom out or get full travel. I am set at 35% sag. I have a Super Deluxe on a 2018 Remedy.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015465
Mobile Version of Website