Warden 29er front end? Anyone tried it?

PB Forum :: Knolly
Warden 29er front end? Anyone tried it?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 6, 2019 at 18:50 Quote
curious if anyone has tried a warden with a 29er up front and 27.5 rear? if so, what's your opinion on this setup?
i'm aware some will think this is just a passing marketing hype, i'm curious to give it a try myself.

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 0:40 Quote
dr-fishy-noooo wrote:
curious if anyone has tried a warden with a 29er up front and 27.5 rear? if so, what's your opinion on this setup?
i'm aware some will think this is just a passing marketing hype, i'm curious to give it a try myself.

Old post but Thought I'd answer it. Built up a carbon warden at the end of the summer when they were clearing them out. 29x150mm fork. For descending it is a beast but still nimble. It is pretty slack though and the climbing angles are ok at best. The fork adds about 30+mm to the front end over a 150x27.5 fork. To keep the bb at a good height you have to run it slack. So the STA is probably 73-74 and the HTA is 63-64. This being said, it is my favorite bike. Playful, a bit stable and rolls over the gnar instead of getting hung up the way a 27.5 front wheel would. I can climb everything but it takes a little more commitment than some of my other bikes that keep the front wheel better planted.

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 8:59 Quote
rahrider wrote:
dr-fishy-noooo wrote:

Old post but Thought I'd answer it. Built up a carbon warden at the end of the summer when they were clearing them out. 29x150mm fork. For descending it is a beast but still nimble. It is pretty slack though and the climbing angles are ok at best. The fork adds about 30+mm to the front end over a 150x27.5 fork. To keep the bb at a good height you have to run it slack. So the STA is probably 73-74 and the HTA is 63-64. This being said, it is my favorite bike. Playful, a bit stable and rolls over the gnar instead of getting hung up the way a 27.5 front wheel would. I can climb everything but it takes a little more commitment than some of my other bikes that keep the front wheel better planted.

Awesome, thanks for the info, still haven't tried it (budget issues) but still keen to try.

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 20:03 Quote
Here is my Mulleted Warden finally complete. It's gone through a bunch of iterations but at long last, nothing else I want to change. It climbs OK but not incredible. I can stay seated on everything but the steepest climbs. I put a climb switch on my bar as the cane creek has an awesome climb mode. Given the super active suspension under load and great climb mode, it gets up and over all the really gnarly tech climbs better than most. Descending is ridiculous. Fun, fast, quick handling, manuals like a dream, stable on jumps. Really tears up the trail. It is way more nimble and maneuverable than my 150x134 29er while being way more plush and forgiving as well.
Knolly Carbon Warden Mullet
Knolly Carbon Warden Mullet

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 17:56 Quote
I did! Had to place shock on neutral position. Rides better going down, a bit wobbly on the uphill.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010820
Mobile Version of Website